Hayate no Gotoku! (Hayate the Combat Butler)

Silvachief

So i've been stuck on the fence deciding whether to watch this or not since it has so many episodes and i'm just not sure whether it will be any good.

Would anyone who's watched it be able to share their opinion?

(And I wouldn't mind some opinions on Minami-Ke, either >.>)

I've watched the first season and enjoyed it thoroughly. It's a hilarious comedy anime that is full of parodies and references from everywhere. If you're looking for a show that you can just sit back and laugh your heart out, this will definitely do the job.

season one and two were good then they changed animation studios and tried to match the character designs of the manga and did not do well. also the seasons are not all in a chronological order so if characters show up and you don't know them but every one else does this is why its cuzz they skipped parts don't worry .im currently all caught up and waiting for the next set of ova to be released along with manga volumes i believe over the next few months.

I've seen every bit of the Hayate anime series and really liked it. My favorite part was the first half of season 2. Good comedy, great characters, enjoyable if you don't mind an endless harem plot (because Hayate doesn't focus on plot anyway). The way it is animated makes it confusing progression wise.

To avoid overall confusion, everything from episode 20 to 52 of S1 is filler (from what I'm told, some of it may be in the manga, dunno, I don't read manga), and the 2nd season picks up back after episode 19 of S1 and follows the manga more closely. Then comes the movie (not sure of this one), then the 3rd season, which is anime original, with the story written by the manga author, so still canon, but this entire season is actually one ongoing plot. Then season 4, which is just random manga chapters animated. For some reason, there's a huge time skip between seasons 2 and 4, ignoring the movie and 3rd season since they're not part of the manga.

Like mentioned, because of the huge skip, characters are just randomly introduced, like the idol, Ruka, and Nagi's green haired fried whom I can't recall the name of.

Can't help you with Minami-ke. I'm a huge fan of slice of life, especially the moe brand, but something about Minami-ke's first season bored me right away and I never continued it.