Good kanji learning software?

Depends on what you want to learn about each kanji. Readings, meanings, writing, radicals/(primitives) or all of them.. Ofc all of these parts are important, but if you are a hardly going to write for hand, it's uneffective to practice writing imo.

If you want to read. I guess using Heisig method with anki cards works. Also you need to study grammar and often used words in japanese. Tae kim's guide is good for that, jp vn's tend to use casual speech a lot. Then you can jump into reading jp vn's and get exposure to the kanji's and compunds that come up while reading japanese vn's.

Btw Heisig doesn't learn you the kanji's, it gives you a buldingblock to learn the kanji. It only gives you a connection between the kanji shapes and a single meaning. It ignores the mutliple prononciations and mutiple meanings of each kanji. So you need to read lots of japanese afterwards for it to work great.

Imo doing the full 2200 kanji's is unrealistic, most people would drop out of that. Doing around 500 or so will be a good start.

(Some random rant by me here. But I think Grammar and basic pharses are a lot more important than kanji at the start if you read jp vn's with software such as ITH + TA.)

Lots of ways to do this really. I'd research a bit around if I were you. Kanji is imo though. Best learned with mainly context and some studying.

If you want to learn kanji only to read VNs (like me, I don't need it for anything else really), then based on my latest experience the best software is imo Visual Novel Reader - use parser, vicon dictionary and furigana. You can learn while having fun.

Sure you don't learn it as quickly or as well as if you would learn definition of each kanji from some book, but you learn the words the kanji are used in and its in my opinion much more important to know the words than to know the characters.

And if you're reading VNs then you will learn the ones important for you from the kind of VNs you like to play, like for example I don't think I will ever need to know the japanese word for stuff like "rape torture dungeon", but I for sure need to know words like お兄ちゃん :)

And with VNR you see it once or twice and for the 3rd time it will already seem familiar and next time you know it you can already read it - it also especially helps if its used in a voiced line since you can instantly hear it.

But yeah, its not as effective way and you only learn kanji of the VN type you play, but well if thats what youre learning the kanji for anyways then I don't think there is a problem - and you can have fun at the same time :)

Well I am so dumb that I started with the Heisig method and when I was in my 700ish kanjis I asked myself "Why the hell I am learning how to write it when my intentions were never write kanji" 

And well...I ended up dropping it. Wasn't worthless tough because I still know the (basic) meanings of some kanjis and it's shape. After some weeks I started learning gammar and what I now intend to do to learn Kanjis with the Anki metod obviously reversed from the Heisig (Kanji>Meaning) plus the kanjidamage website for specifics. Don't know if is the best efficient way tough.

I like Tagaini Jisho.  Although I don't use it for "learning" per se, but for studying/reviewing/memorizing assistance.

For learning, I like Kodansha Kanji Learner's Dictionary.  If you don't have that, then read the wikipedia articles on Kanji, Kyouiku Kanji, and Jouyou Kanji.

And kanji is significantly easier to learn if you're already reading.  So, you don't have to force-feed yourself 2000-odd kanji up front.  You can learn them as you go, starting with the most common characters and their most common readings.