The "A" button + spoiler tag issues

So I don't know the name of that button but it's this one : KY8LoMV.jpg

Basiclly the one that shows the "coding"/tags behind the text formating (I guess)

I have to switch to it quite often because I don't know how to come back to the original font and size automaticaly without it and for other presentation reasons.

But that's not the issue.

The problem is that it sometimes messes up the organisation of the spoiler tags and "randomnly" (maybe there is a pattern) replaces them at some other place.

I don't know if that has ever happened to some people before ?

But since I have a fairly big thread to update often and which uses dozens of these, it's something that happens to me quite a lot. So I have to manually replace some of them at the right spot.

Just pointing out the problem.

Edit : It seems this happens when I use Ctrl+F. Maybe I'm doing something wrong ?

Yes that happens to me sometimes too, the rich editor is not perfect, however I believe its part of the IPB and I don't think you can even edit it (without overwriting the whole thing). All we can easily change is what the bb code does and how is it recognized but not this element.

I'd recommend always using the basic bb code editor for longer posts (especially posts using images, since you don't want them showing up), there you always know what you're actually writing, unlike the autoformat in the rich editor where it puts thousands of and such where it shouldn't xD (srsly the code it creates is so messy xD)

what I hate about the most with the text editor is how it puts random line breaks in between most tags and the number of these line breaks just keep increasing every time you preview your post. it's crazy. right now I just use the raw bbcode syntax mode (aka the not-rich-text editor) for posting or editing anything. it keeps everything clean so I can avoid spoiler tag bugs with it. although when I post it, the text parser just breaks everything again and multiplies my tags so some tags would appear in every line.

and wow I should try that big S for spoilers

Yeah, also if you have too many tags, coming back to the auto-editor sometimes doesn't remove them.

However it doesn't affect the edited post.