Creating a *.pack file

Hi there

I'm looking for help regarding .pack files. I just wanted to play around with the scripts of bishoujo mangekyou and translate a few lines of the game just to see how it works.

I successfully extracted the scripts using Asmodean's exfp3 program but right now I'm wondering how to put the files back together.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could show me how to do that or link me to a page where it's explained ^_^

Oh, I kinda missed the fact Asmodean managed to write a working tool in the meanwhile. I tried to open up Biman's archives in the past just after the release, but the key encryption made it impossible back then. I guess there's a big chance someone might actually try to TL it now.

I does not seem there's any info available on the net and I did not tried to compress pack files, either; I bet the best choice of action would be to simply mail Asmodean and ask whether it's possible and how to do it, if you feel that serious.

Someone asked a simmilar question recently, here's a thread it might be useful.

And here's a VN hacking guide for newbes.

Thanks I know that one but during part 4 I believe (during the debugging parts) when he started using OllyDbg I was

so confused that I had to give up. I have practically no programming experience and his explanations are just too

abritrary for me.

And I'll check out the other link thank you

Oh, I kinda missed the fact Asmodean managed to write a working tool in the meanwhile. I tried to open up Biman's archives in the past just after the release, but the key encryption made it impossible back then. I guess there's a big chance someone might actually try to TL it now.

I does not seem there's any info available on the net and I did not tried to compress pack files, either; I bet the best choice of action would be to simply mail Asmodean and ask whether it's possible and how to do it, if you feel that serious.

Maybe I'll do that if I can't figure out any other way. I don't like to bug people you know :)

You shouldn't be afraid to bug other people, you know. Asmodean has a message board on his website made specially for that purpose. It's available to anyone and if he's not around, someone else might actually post an answer to all your questions.

Don't make me post it for you.

It seems that AE v0.6.9.419 doesn't support .pack files

so I can't use that to extract or repack the archive :/

It did manage to repack it but when i replace the original data0.pack

with my modified one then the game refuses to start.

The Filesize is also bigger than it should be so I assume AE didn't manage to get it right

Edit: @IceD I was a bit slow, don't worry I posted it now :)