I'm looking for staff to translate Magical Battle Arena Complete Form

I have managed to rip the scripts and images using crass

The open positions are

>Translator

>Translation Checker

>Hacker

>Quality Checker

>Editor

>Video Editor (if no one wants to do this i can)

And ill be Image editing i have translated some of the menus

Project Link: http://tlwiki.org/in...al_Battle_Arena

You can contact me at: [email protected]

Or just reply on here ^-^

• 2 months later...

Aah I love this game! I don't think I'm cualified for tranlsating anything yet, but maybe I could do some QCing smile.gif/>

Thanks, I don't know how long until I need a QC because none of the script has been translated yet so it may be a while before I get back to you

oh this game, it was fun

as for the jobs stuff....

- translation: IDK. I'm pretty busy, and my reading skills suck (my listening skills are currently stronger), and I haven't been using my japanese for awhile (going to go back and start up my learning again soon) technically I guess I can translate, only I'll be using both my knowledge and a dictionary (jisho.org best site ever) to translate (as well as since I -am- a native english speaker)... although beyond that I'm not sure if me being the dedicated translator is best given that I'm trying to do too many things at one time :D (school, personal stuff, learning jp/computer stuff, some stuff my parents want, streaming, whatever)

so if this spot backup would be best I guess

- translation checker/TLC: see translation, although I'm more likely to pick these up as they feel like less work

but again you don't have a tler so..

- Hacker: I know nothing about this position

- Quality Checker: I actually started as a QCer in Live-Evil when I started Fansubbing, but I assume QCing is different in VNs, so... not really I guess

- Editor: see translation checker

- Video Editor: what does this entail/what do you exactly do, do I subtitle here or something? (or what exactly are you planning on editing the videos)

(lol on that note I know in fansubbing I basically did/was able to do translation, tlc, editing, qc, timing, typesetting, karaoke timer, karaoke effects... basically everything except encoding)

>_>

oh this game, it was fun

as for the jobs stuff....

- translation: IDK. I'm pretty busy, and my reading skills suck (my listening skills are currently stronger), and I haven't been using my japanese for awhile (going to go back and start up my learning again soon) technically I guess I can translate, only I'll be using both my knowledge and a dictionary (jisho.org best site ever) to translate (as well as since I -am- a native english speaker)... although beyond that I'm not sure if me being the dedicated translator is best given that I'm trying to do too many things at one time biggrin.gif (school, personal stuff, learning jp/computer stuff, some stuff my parents want, streaming, whatever)

so if this spot backup would be best I guess

- translation checker/TLC: see translation, although I'm more likely to pick these up as they feel like less work

but again you don't have a tler so..

- Hacker: I know nothing about this position

- Quality Checker: I actually started as a QCer in Live-Evil when I started Fansubbing, but I assume QCing is different in VNs, so... not really I guess

- Editor: see translation checker

- Video Editor: what does this entail/what do you exactly do, do I subtitle here or something? (or what exactly are you planning on editing the videos)

(lol on that note I know in fansubbing I basically did/was able to do translation, tlc, editing, qc, timing, typesetting, karaoke timer, karaoke effects... basically everything except encoding)

>_>

thanks for the reply, i possibly have a translator soon so if you want to translate as well go ahead ^^

if you want to do the translation check go for it.

with the QC to be honest i dont know entirely how it works ether probably because i mainly deal in image editing/image translation.

with the video editing im just thinking subs but im not sure as of right now it can be something that can be discussed,

feel free to help on whatever job you want ^^

i am still yet to upload the rest of the scripts but i have been quite busy on other translations

thanks for the reply, i possibly have a translator soon so if you want to translate as well go ahead ^^

if you want to do the translation check go for it.

with the QC to be honest i dont know entirely how it works ether probably because i mainly deal in image editing/image translation.

with the video editing im just thinking subs but im not sure as of right now it can be something that can be discussed,

feel free to help on whatever job you want ^^

@translation: probably I'll just randomly drop by and translate stuff or check over stuff randomly I guess (TLC)

only problem is that I'd have to register on tlwiki which I'm starting to get really lazy to register on too many sites atm

also depending on how good that tler is then, I probably shouldn't do the translation anyways and just stay on tlc. ( which is fine for me cause of :time: )

@QC: guess I won't deal with QC at all then ;o

@video editing: /shrug :karaoke fx is funny:

i am still yet to upload the rest of the scripts but i have been quite busy on other translations

like popotan? :P

@translation: probably I'll just randomly drop by and translate stuff or check over stuff randomly I guess (TLC)

only problem is that I'd have to register on tlwiki which I'm starting to get really lazy to register on too many sites atm

also depending on how good that tler is then, I probably shouldn't do the translation anyways and just stay on tlc. ( which is fine for me cause of :time: )

@QC: guess I won't deal with QC at all then ;o

@video editing: /shrug :karaoke fx is funny:

lol go for it XD

like popotan? tongue.gif

lol not just popotan XD

im also with a group called lemnisca translations. I have been working on the videos aswell XD

Aah, I remember this game! I tried playing this back in 2008 and it completely killed my computer... =_=;;;

I might help with the editing when you get a translator (I say might because I don't know how much time I'll have to help). smile.gif

yeah if you could that would be good ^^

XD i never had that probelm

Login error

Your IP address is listed as an open proxy in the DNSBL used by TLWiki. You cannot create an account

:|

it's just comcast though so idk how it's considered an open proxy XD

oh well. I could just put my tls/notes here instead (as long as I have some attribution or something, XD) :o

Login error

Your IP address is listed as an open proxy in the DNSBL used by TLWiki. You cannot create an account

:|

it's just comcast though so idk how it's considered an open proxy XD

oh well. I could just put my tls/notes here instead (as long as I have some attribution or something, XD) ohmy.gif

hmmm have you tried sighing up through a proxy?

you can also edit anonymously without sighing in

What are the chances anonymous edits are also going to be blocked...?

It's not ideal since it looks like the scripts are a mix of translatable text and other cruft, but if you want to move away from TLwiki and tryout RWI send PM or use the contact info in the signature. We can get you setup with an account for every one who wants to work on the text and the scripts uploaded (how many lines total/size?)

It's not ideal since it looks like the scripts are a mix of translatable text and other cruft, but if you want to move away from TLwiki and tryout RWI send PM or use the contact info in the signature. We can get you setup with an account for every one who wants to work on the text and the scripts uploaded (how many lines total/size?)

they probably wont get blocked

i sent you a pm about RWI

i have no idea how many lines

but there are about 175 script files

in total the size of the script files together is about 453 kb

there is a lot of extra text for the placement and similar functions but i am not aware of the size without the extra text

hmmm have you tried sighing up through a proxy?

you can also edit anonymously without sighing in

nope

hmm.. I guess all my edits can have a comment that it's me though? .. Hm. idk

they probably wont get blocked

i sent you a pm about RWI

i have no idea how many lines

but there are about 175 script files

in total the size of the script files together is about 453 kb

there is a lot of extra text for the placement and similar functions but i am not aware of the size without the extra text

what's RWI o.o

nope

hmm.. I guess all my edits can have a comment that it's me though? .. Hm. idk

you can do what you want lol

im trying to set something up

what's RWI o.o

i have no idea actually

im mainly thinking use tlwki as an update page not where we do the translation

what's RWI o.o

REtrans Web Interface, a collaborative online translation platform (like TLwiki), but less wiki-like and more directed at translation.

Here is a public instance you can play around with; it contains this currently with a somewhat botched import from TLwiki. (You're welcome to fix or add lines.)

453KB total is no problem. RWI has handled 600KB+ per-file.