Trying to remember the name of this one VN

Zodai

Some months ago, I ended up coming across some post (Don't remember if it was from Fuwa) concerning some 'infamous' scene from a certain VN.  Apparently, it involved fourth-wall breaking, and the loss of the ability to open the menu in what can only be described as an...'interesting' scene.

The post also had a link, and it led to a youtube video titled "The best part of [NAME]", or something along those lines.

The character in the thumbnail was a female with either orange or brown hair.  From what I remember of the description, the uploader self-translated it for a friend, meaning that no actual translation may exist, although it may have been created since the time of the upload.

I originally believed it was Kara No Shoujo, which I have yet to play - but upon searching 'The best part of Kara no Shoujo', the video in question did not appear in the results.

As a result, I no longer have information regarding the title of the game, and would like to know.

If it helps, I originally believed the game was developed by either 5pb or Nitroplus (Despite not being a part of the 'science series' containing Steins;Gate, etc) but upon looking at their backlog nothing there seems to be ringing any bells.

Are there any leads?

Any chance that you've just time leaped and lost your memory?

No idea, sorry. I don't remember any nitroplus game nor Kara no Shojo to have a 4th wall breaking moment. I can only imagine one from the credits of Steins;Gate, where;

mid credits of Kurisu's route, Okabe's ringtone plays, then the credits roll back to continue the story for the TRUE ending. Take note that the menu/phone UI can't be opened during the credits and cannot be skipped.

Any chance that you've just time leaped and lost your memory?

No idea, sorry. I don't remember any nitroplus game nor Kara no Shojo to have a 4th wall breaking moment. I can only imagine one from the credits of Steins;Gate, where;

mid credits of Kurisu's route, Okabe's ringtone plays, then the credits roll back to continue the story for the TRUE ending. Take note that the menu/phone UI can't be opened during the credits and cannot be skipped.

As cool as that would be, I don't think that's possible.

Additionally, I think there was also some blood on said character as well.  I believe the aspect ratio was 16:9, or at least something other than 4:3 (I don't know of any other common ones)

You might be thinking of Kimi to Kanojo to Kanojo no Koi. http://vndb.org/v7738

It's a pretty awesome Nitro+ VN that does indeed have 4th wall breaking.

Edit: Oh and I checked, the infamous scene that was translated on Youtube has now been taken down due to copyright issues, so you won't find it anymore.

Ah - that seems to be the one!

Now there's just the whole 'is there an official translation' thing?  I'm not expecting one right now since it seems to be just under a year old, but hopefully there's a fan project going along somewhere ^^

JAST basically sits on the rights to any Nitro+ game scaring away all of the fan translators, while not actually bothering to translate most of them themselves. Well, mostly because they're slow as molasses. Maybe after the Sumaga team is done they'll move on to Axanael and then Kimi to Kanojo after that. So yeah, in 10 years.

It would be really interesting to see a massive, mass translation movement in the VN community. One large and fast enough to make companies like JAST and Moenovel who only translate and release one VN every four years or so, be unable to C&D any efforts in time. The likelihood of that happening is tiny so its just a pipe dream for now but its still nice to think about.