Ayakashibito bat file not working (SOLVED)

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I think the file you need is already in the new release so I'm not sure why you'd need it. What problem are you experiencing? If you did not run the bat file while in japanese locale you need to redo it.

Ok, maybe I didn't do the japanese locale part correct.  I'll make sure i'm doing that correct and let you know success or fail.  I appreciate the holy crap fast response.  Thanks!

Aight we'll see then. I actually handled part of this release so I have a certain vested interest in it, lol.

ha, user error. This time it prompted me to reboot so I guess I did something wrong with the language switch last time.  it appears to be working now.  Thank you very much!!

• 3 months later...

Bumping this thread since I believe I'm having issues with the bat file as well (Obviously something else could be the issue and I'll gladly provide more information, this is just a guess). I've got the game downloaded, using Japanese locale and the running the bat file but I'm unable to play the game at all that way. If I run it in my standard, Swedish locale, the game works but I get a lot of odd characters in almost every dialogue, making it very frustrating to read. The bat file that's linked at the bottom of the Fuwanovel page is unavailable and I can't seem to figure out what to do about this.

Here's the error message:

gte0gXL.png

Any help would be much appreciated. :)

(I may or may not have been involved in the creation of this release. I'll be a bit lazy because I have somewhat of a headache but will be back after I get some sleep. If there's anything you don't understand, ask me and I'll clarify.)

First of all, the additional download that was once there is identical to the one in the current release far as I know.

Second, my locale before Japanese locale was actually Swedish locale, so that should not be an issue.

Third: where did you put the VN? If it's in under a user (aka användare) folder, that can potentially cause problems. You should move it up to something like C:\VNs\Ayakashibito\ instead, create new folders as needed. If you do move the game folder, be aware that you will have to run the .bat file (which should be in the directory you moved the game to while doing this); you might have to run it as an administrator to overwrite registry entries.

Fourth: it's saying something about RegRead, so we should suspect problems with your registry entries. Open regedit and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\propeller\あやかしびと. (if it's not あやかしびと but random letters you have a clear locale issue) there will be some values to the right for both the あやかしびと folder and for the System folder underneath it; send pictures of each of those so I can look at what happened.

Moved my game out of a user folder, changed the name of the folder and so on and so forth. Completely deleted the registry values in between and tried to run the bat file as an admin.

I get both random letters AND "あやかしびと". The random letters show up in the registry if I run the bat file, where as "あやかしびと" shows up by simply running the game without touching the .bat.

Here's the link to an Imgur album with pictures of all four folders in the regedit, plus a picture of my Ayakashibito folder just in case something looks wrong there: http://imgur.com/QGtX2iP,E2SU4UA,O853SmJ,lUf7EQ6,G2OZRpY#0

The third image shows that the registry entries at the correct subfolder of propeller (あやかしびと, not the random letters) currently don't point to where the game is. My recommendation is to remove the propeller folder in the registry entirely, make very sure you are in Japanese locale (remember, this requires a restart before it takes effect if you have changed back to Swedish locale), then running the .bat file again. If you're feeling lazy though, delete the folder that has the random characters, and create these two keys while having the あやかしびと folder selected:

InstMode, a Binary (REG_BINARY) value of 02 00 00 00

InstPatch, a string value (REG_SZ) of  C:\VNs\Ayakashibito\

(this assumes that Ayakasi.exe is in C:\VNs\Ayakasibito\, not in like C:\VNs\Ayakashibito\propeller\ etc)

If even lazier, these are just the same two that are in your random-character-named folder so you might be able to copy  them over somehow.

In any case, the VN requires Japanese locale to be used to be played, not just to get the registry entries right. There's really no helping it, and the effects on a Swedish locale computer are minimal.

The game seems to work perfectly fine now. I added those two registry values to the "あやかしびと" folder and deleted the random letters folder. Learned something new today. Thanks a lot for your help.

Tack för hjälpen! :)