Grisaia's differing voices on different versions

O. Van Bruce

Welp, I've got 2 questions:

- First: since I've decided to know more visuals novels voiced by Urara Hani, the seiyuu who did Michiru's voice on the PC version, I want to know a way to track said VNs on vndb.

- Second: I noticed that the PC and PSP versions use different seiyuus in most of the characters. I'm curious to know about why they did that, having then the voice tracks from the PC version already. It seems that, actually, a seiyuu can use different names, as it is the case of some seiyuus in the game.

So, can I safely asume that seiyuus use different names depending if they are working in an eroge or not? Can I asume that Urara Hani is Kaori Mizuhashi?

I can tell you for sure that I have several PS2 games that have different voice actresses than the PC version.  In fact, often the PS2 and the anime have the same actresses.

Looking up Yumiko in the japan wikipedia article for Grisaia, I see that the PC version has Hikaru Isshiki.  If you click on her, you'll see she has a long list of erogame roles.  But the PSP version has Ryouko Tanaka, who is an anime actress.

As to the 1st part, about Michiru, I looked at the article for Kaori Mizuhashi and it does not mention any alias.  The other actress does not have a wikipedia article.

Are the aliases so secret that even wikipedia doesn't know about it?

If someone has a case of a known alias that we can look up, that will help us know for sure.

afaik:

Ryouko Tanaka = Hikari Isshiki (source)

Natsumi Yanase = Izumi Maki (source)

Erika Namuri = Suzune Kusunoki (source)

Akane Tomonaga = Yukari Aoyama (source)

So, there are some stablished aliases among the staff. My wishful guess is that the rest of the seiyuus picked ad-hoc aliases for the credits, including Kaori Mizuhashi AKA Urara Hani.

Sadly, there isn't a way to search characters by a said seiyuu on vndb, so the best way is to check by wiki.

They do that because of 18+ material. Some voice actresses, like those named above, use their real name/alias/etc depending on the age rating of the work. There are only a handful, like Tamiyasu Tomoe, who don't use aliases at all.

When I heard Michiru's voice I knew it was the same seiyuu as the one who did Fushikawa Kokoro (Ojou-sama) in Majikoi. And Kaori Mizuhashi is credited as her seiyuu at least in the anime.

I usually check this site when I'm looking for a seiyuu from a visual novel: http://www.tenshi.org.uk/sdb/pages/navigation/game.html

There is quite a list of visual novels and games there, but I can't guarantee you'll find what you're looking for. Grisaia and Majikoi, for instance, are not listed. The last news update on the site was in 2012 though, so it's possible it's not being updated anymore.