Grisaia no Kajitsu No Text Issue (SOLVED)

Yosuke

Firstly, hello and thanks in advance for the help. I downloaded Grisaia from the fuwanovel torrent and I suppose I did all steps to install correctly since I can actually run the game with the english patch on, my problem is that, however, there's no text displayed at all on the text boxes, not even when I bring up the log, which is all devoid of text.

What's really weird is that I DO have the GrisaiaCustom font installed in my PC, and I know that I don't even need to have Japanese Locale installed to play Grisaia because in another PC in the house that's not mine the game runs all fine without any text issues.

Also, speaking of Japanese Locale, I absolutely cannot install it no matter the method I use, so I gave up on that.

So... Any ideas? I've already installed and uninstalled the game many times without any progress

http://imgur.com/WlSHAdv (image of the issue)

What do you mean you can't install japanese locale? It's under the region settings on your control panel.

The game is required to have Japanese Locale

You should probably try that first because this seems to be a font related issue. Did you make sure the correct font was selected in the settings?

Check this faq on how to change the locale depending on your windows version

Ok, so since I'm on Windows 7 I followed the instructions on the link and it asked me to reboot but when it does it gives me an error ¨Windows failed to load because the NLS data is missing, or corrupt¨ basically forcing me to restore my PC settings to what they were before the change. Honestly I don't know what causes that to happen.

That's odd. But i'm not tech savvy enough to help in this matter. Maybe someone else can

Wether changing the locale to japanese will solve the Grisaia problem i don't know but i think it's best to have it in japanese since it is listed as a requirement to play the game.

Sounds like operating system corruption, do a system file check and chkdsk.

Open command prompt as administrator ( write cmd to start menu search, right click command prompt and run as administrator ).

Enter command: sfc /scannow and let it scan your pc (this can take a while).

Then enter command: chkdsk /f /r and restart your pc and let it do that scan.

After both are done try to change locale again.

I stumbled across an unexpected solution to my problem: By downloading a certain program called NJstar Communicator it allowed my programs to properly read asian fonts and that completely fixed my issue.

Thanks for the help given in ths thread anyways, I appreciate it a lot.