Broadening my horizions, help me out!

Hey, I've been into VNs for a while but I only really played BL and Otoge until now. That was until my bf bought me Huniepop for a giggle and I was absolutely enthralled. Got 100% and racked up 27 hours in 4 days. So now I'm open to trying more eroge and het dude targeted VNs outside of that and Saya. I have some specifications though.

Loli/shota, incest and bestiality are absolute no gos.
I don't mind noncon or eroguro though.
Preferably no scat or watersports.
Not playing Rance.
Every character involved in sexual scenarios must be 18 or over. Even if they're seniors in HS riding the line.

Bonus points for:
Horror
Magical girls
Bi protag/romance options
Mystery
Nameable protag
Protag with a face

MUST be in English. Be it translated or OELVN doesn't matter, it just has to be in English.

If it helps, some VNs I enjoy are Saya no uta, Dramatical Murder, Bustafellows, Mystic Messenger, and Sweet Pool. Also recently Huniepop as I said, and I'm enjoying what I've played of Togainu no Chi.

Thanks in advance! I know I'm a lil picky.

If you want to broaden your horizons, you should try some Yuri VNs. The ones I will recommend are NOT sex-oriented, as I believe you won't enjoy those.

SeaBed - One of the best narratives out there. It's a drama/psychological mystery full of twists and nice moments. One of my favorite VNs.

Flowers (series) - Romance-focused, the four games share a central mystery, but the romance is more proeminent.

___

Now, other non-LGBT+ games:

Horror/Mystery - Umineko no Naku Koro ni. Great worldbuilding, characters, plot twists and intriguing plot. However, it doesn't have the routes/heroines structure, although there is a lot of romance.

Mystery - Mamiya [buy the full version on steam] - Great mystery game with many plot twists. Can't talk too much about it without spoiling it.

9 hours ago, Silvz said:

If you want to broaden your horizons, you should try some Yuri VNs. The ones I will recommend are NOT sex-oriented, as I believe you won't enjoy those.

SeaBed - One of the best narratives out there. It's a drama/psychological mystery full of twists and nice moments. One of my favorite VNs.

Flowers (series) - Romance-focused, the four games share a central mystery, but the romance is more proeminent.

___

Now, other non-LGBT+ games:

Horror/Mystery - Umineko no Naku Koro ni. Great worldbuilding, characters, plot twists and intriguing plot. However, it doesn't have the routes/heroines structure, although there is a lot of romance.

Mystery - Mamiya [buy the full version on steam] - Great mystery game with many plot twists. Can't talk too much about it without spoiling it.

Thank you!

Tokyo Babel- Action/fantasy game with a great set of heroines and protagonist.  No sexual content.

Dies Irae- Similar to above, choice of sexual content or not depending on the version (both versions available in English).  

Both of the ones above are somewhat dark, but since you don't mind the Nitroplus games, I figured you wouldn't mind.  

Edit: Nanairo Reincarnation is a horror nakige focusing on a protagonist who inherits his grandfather's talent for seeing ghosts and bonding with oni.  There is some guro, but it isn't eroguro, just normal guro.  There are no underaged heroines (one ancient being, one college student, one policewoman, and one other I'm not going to spoil).  

The best answer I can think of for you would be Tokyo Necro https://vndb.org/v13666. Dual protagonists (one female, one male, all love interests for both are female) and another Nitro Plus game like Saya.

A rom-com / slice of life that might be worth trying out if you're REALLY looking to stretch your boundaries would be Sugar * Style https://vndb.org/v24320 it takes place in college, with the youngest love interest being an 18 year old freshman if I remember right...sorry if I don't.

And the obvious answer if you enjoyed Huniepop would be Huniepop 2.

On 5/6/2024 at 11:02 AM, CgSquall said:

The best answer I can think of for you would be Tokyo Necro https://vndb.org/v13666. Dual protagonists (one female, one male, all love interests for both are female) and another Nitro Plus game like Saya.

A rom-com / slice of life that might be worth trying out if you're REALLY looking to stretch your boundaries would be Sugar * Style https://vndb.org/v24320 it takes place in college, with the youngest love interest being an 18 year old freshman if I remember right...sorry if I don't.

On 5/6/2024 at 11:02 AM, CgSquall said:

Thank you both!