Muv-Luv Installation Problems

Kritter999

Are you running your computer with Japan system locale? Yes
Game Name: Muv-Luv
Description of Problem: When I hit the install button in the menu three dialogue boxes pop up one after the other that I can't read, then nothing happens.
Your Operating System: Windows 8 64 bit.
What did you already try: Run as admin, put it into compatibility mode, and restarted my computer.
Did you download your game from Fuwanovel: Yes.

This was supposed to be an image of the text.. But it didn't show up when I tried to post it.. So instead I'll just give some more information.

I also tried taking the folders out of the CCD, thinking it might help with the problem. I looked at Tay's installation guide but after Step 2, the bits of Step 3 never open. So I'm not really sure whats going wrong.

To post the images take a screenshot

Upload it here

Use this option

hD0OHq0.png

Paste the image URL in it

It's more helpful to know what the text in the boxes says even if it's in Japanese

Also you mentioned you have Windows 8

It's mentioned plenty of times that Muv-Luv simply doesn't run on windows 8. I don't know if you'll be able to fix this.

See this extended FAQ just to make sure your problem was not mentioned before

To post the images take a screenshot

Upload it here

Use this option

hD0OHq0.png

Paste the image URL in it

It's more helpful to know what the text in the boxes says even if it's in Japanese

Also you mentioned you have Windows 8

It's mentioned plenty of times that Muv-Luv simply doesn't run on windows 8. I don't know if you'll be able to fix this.

See this extended FAQ

Ugh... I hadn't read that bit yet. If thats the case then there's no point in posting the images. The extentions weren't compatible anyway.

If it won't work, I guess I'll just have to find a different one to read later. Sorry to waste your time.

Ugh... I hadn't read that bit yet. If thats the case then there's no point in posting the images. The extentions weren't compatible anyway.

If it won't work, I guess I'll just have to find a different one to read later. Sorry to waste your time.

Maybe someone else got it to work on Windows 8, don't lose all of your hope, post the images anyway so someone can translate them for you so you'll be 100% clear of doubts.

You're probably trying to use the IMG BB code, i explained above that you have to use the image option in the editor:

hD0OHq0.png

And paste the URL there and then click OK, the image will appear and you can post the reply with no issues.

(It works with  JPG, PNG, GIF, etc.)

If you for some reason really can't post the images just post them in URL form, as long as we can see them it's ok.

I did exactly as you said and it still keeps giving me the same error message.

I clicked on the image button in the editor then copied the URL from the imgur site with the image then copied it into the dialogue box that the image button opened. It still says the extension isn't right. Sorry, this really isn't my thing. I'm not exactly the most tech savvy person, obviously, and I literally just made this account for the forum

http://imgur.com/nyjinoj,aNpM7Ij,Lnheog0#1

http://imgur.com/nyjinoj,aNpM7Ij,Lnheog0#2

There's the URLs.

Weird.. I'll leave them here if anyone wants to take a look:

nyjinoj.pngaNpM7Ij.png

Lnheog0.png

Are you absolutely sure your locale is in Japanese? These look like your non unicode settings are incorrect.

The last error you posted looks very similar to:

sg50yw.jpg

Which translated says something like:

It didn't find the data. Please make sure you have installed the application correctly.

Bolverk got it fixed, see here

He didn't use Tay's method however he used the Jap installer and then installed the english patch. He used a different torrent too.

The other 2 errors however i have no idea, please make sure your locale is really in Japanese as i think you might have missed that. AppLocale and other software will NOT work.

Okay... Well I just noticed ONE thing I did wrong. I changed the location of my PC but not the non unicode. Ugh... Very sorry. I'll try again now that i've actually changed the language. ;-;

The most important is the non unicode :P

See if it works after, if not please post any errors you may get.

Hmm... So I tried it again with the non unicode settings set up correctly and got the exact same error messages as last time. No changes at all or I'd post them again.

I might have to go find the torrent that Bolvark used and try the method they used. It worked for them, so it might work for me.

They didn't turn into Japanese text after you set the non unicode to Japanese? That's odd..

I have no clue what else to do, without knowing what the error boxes actually say it's going to be impossible to know what went wrong.

Maybe someone else has a clue. You can try from other source or wait for someone to post something here. I'm out of ideas.

I sure hope someone does or at least can figure it out. I'll wait a bit to see if anyone else has a clue before I delete it and start over.

I can't torrent when I'm at college due to the school not wanting people to torrent anything. Because apparently it's all illegal and innately bad. So.. I have until the sixth of January to stock up on VN's for next semester.

Thanks for trying to help anyway.

Right now it isn't. But when I tried it last I had it set to Japanese. Even rebooted my computer and there was Japanese text on the starting screen and in the start menu. So THAT part of the problem has been resolved.

If your non unicode settings are really correct then the errors you get during the installation would be Japanese characters and not some random gibberish. Please post them here in Japanese. What Luch wants to see are the errors in Japanese so he can know what they say and try to provide some help. Like i mentioned before without knowing what the errors are it's pretty impossible to pinpoint the problem.

Please make sure you followed the guide correctly to change your locale into Japanese on windows 8 here