Hoshizora no Memoria: Data Not Saving?

Alright, so I've been playing this VN for a while, and I got to Chinami's route, where I need to complete Isuzu's first, which I did.

Well, I attempted to do her route and it kept putting me in Asuho's. So I checked the CG data to find that Isuzu's, and parts of others were missing. The only ones completed where Kosame's and Asuho's.

Now, I've completed Asuho's, Isuzu's, Komomo's, and Kosame's. So why aren't the CGs filled?

Do I have to replay Isuzu's route again to get to Chinami's?

Here's some instances of what's wrong:

Actually, now I cannot. For some reason it only shows Asuho's data filled while everything else is blank.

looks like this: f8d6b697508e704913768451fd50e028.png

So, what can I do? I do know you can replace the save.bin file, so if anyone does have a save.bin file that has up to Chinami's route completed (like, all the 4 listed up top that I've finished) please link me a DL for it.

If that's not the case, I would like a solution to what is going on with my VN. :/

I would guess that your save file is corrupted somehow.

Unless someone can supply you with the save you want the only solution is probably to clear the save folder to create a fresh save and then use skip to fast forward through the routes you already completed.

I am still reading some of the hoshimemo routes, but never encountered such issues.
The only thing I noticed is that even though I seem to be finished Asuho route, it doesn't says "complete" under the button in CG gallery. Well, maybe not an issue, maybe I still haven't saw some minor version of some CG or something.

The other thing I noticed is that if, after reading the story for some time, VN is not closed correctly, whatever if it'll hang, if you'll kill the process, some awkward reboot or something like that, then the progress won't be saved even if you make new savedata often. Means you'll be able to load your savedata but it can forget that you already saw some part of the story.

But so far nothing as serious as you describe. I don't think this is an admin rights issue since it places savedata in my documents where you don't need such rights.
Just in case, make sure that when you close hoshimemo, you use X button (or alt+f4) and properly wait till it'll exit by itself.

Also check if you installed the patch and update correctly. Well, re-installing it shouldn't hurt either. Especially that at this point you don't have much to lose ^^
The only thing I can guarantee, this is not some new bug because of my Chinami Voice patch (in case you are using it).
But some of your files might be corrupted...

Hmm... I wonder why would it do that... At least on win7 it places savedata in Documents\FAVORITE\星空のメモリア\save regardless of admining. Maybe this is some new and "awesome" win8 feature.

Edit: actually looking at the screenshot, TsumikiTheAmazing also runs win7. Maybe this can happen due to some broken registry entries then.

Edited by メルP

Might be that you're using installed and not prepatched version and that does it. I do use win7..

Also, Documents is not an actual folder, it's a library combining different locations iirc. the my documents folders are actually in different user folders (like c:\users\foo\FAVORITE\ or c:\users\bar\FAVORITE\ etc).

Sure but It's probably not the case. If this is due to different users or different folders of some sort - he probably would notice the issue right away. Cause not only progress will be affected but the actual separate savedata files will be missing depending on from which folder it was loaded. The first time savedata will be requested from some other folder, VN will act as a clean install.
But from what I understand he was reading it properly and supposedly used savedata. Just noticed the issue after opened CG gallery.