[Writing] How can I avoid being a sponge?

Epschy

Writers, how can I avoid being a sponge?

I've noticed that my writing style is highly influenced by whatever work I most recently read. This is true, for example, in my most recent novel, which has a lot of slapstick comedy even though I hate novels or animes that uses this element. The VN I've read before writing this work was SMEE's Fureraba - a moe, kusoge, with the same kind of comedy I used in my work.

I would definitely like to avoid having my writing style being affected this way, but to have a solid writing, or to be adaptable.

Am I the only who suffers from this? Is there anything I can do to avoid this? (Note: I've read 60 light novel volumes and 6 regular novels in my life. Maybe my problem is having read few books?)

Imitating the styles of your favourite writers when you are just starting is perfectly normal and most people do it. The reason everybody says writers should read a lot is that you're finding out what you like and what you don't from the styles you're reading, what works for you and what doesn't. Once you start writing a lot your style will naturally develop and be refined further into something more your own. 

If you're imitating a style you hate though just because you read something recently, maybe wait a week or so before you start writing or maybe read something you like before you start writing. Being a sponge though, with regards to style, isn't a bad thing though.

8 hours ago, Epschy said:

Writers, how can I avoid being a sponge?

I've noticed that my writing style is highly influenced by whatever work I most recently read. This is true, for example, in my most recent novel, which has a lot of slapstick comedy even though I hate novels or animes that uses this element. The VN I've read before writing this work was SMEE's Fureraba - a moe, kusoge, with the same kind of comedy I used in my work.

I would definitely like to avoid having my writing style being affected this way, but to have a solid writing, or to be adaptable.

Am I the only who suffers from this? Is there anything I can do to avoid this? (Note: I've read 60 light novel volumes and 6 regular novels in my life. Maybe my problem is having read few books?)

It is perfectly normal to channel other people's styles or try to absorb the best parts of them.  To be blunt, completely unique styles aren't that common anymore, so it isn't really being a sponge.  It's learning from your predecessors.  If you feel bad about it, just acknowledge them when you self-publish.