Looking for Visual Novels to play Romance/Comedy

CruelN1N1

Took a long break from visual novels a long time ago.

Been trying to pick up visual novels to play but have hard a time doing so (left most of them halfway or drop them kinda fast)

I think the genre i like is comedy/romance rather then deep story.

My favorite from long time ago are: Rewrite, Princess Evangeline, Kamidori and Steins Gate

So far tried Sanoba Witch and I LOVED THIS GAME SO MUCH, I WANT TO FORGET EVERYTHING AND PLAY IT AGAIN, Senren Bankan(need to finish the last route), Riddle Joker (Did one route) and Starless(weird mix I know)

Since loved Sanoba Witch tried the other titles but didn't hit as much but still enjoyed them.

Any ideas and recommendations are appreciated.

So far trying to finish the ones i mentioned and Donha Donha. Started to play Otome Domain.

Would prefer to read English translated but if the VN is really good, i can play them hearing by ear/ML.

• 2 weeks later...

Sanoba witch really was something indeed. I don't think I ever quite found something that hit the same spot, though it's really hit or miss on whether you like the main heroine.   

Seems like you know well of Yuzusoft developer; I would recommend checking out SMEE which also have mostly comedy+romance games (though, unlike yuzusoft, generally without any surnatural element). My favorite from them was sugar style but like all comedy/romance stuff it's hit or miss.    

You mentioned Rewrite, which is from key developer. Their game usually have a first half that is focused on romance/comedy and a second half that has deeper story (well, not that simple, but it's the basic idea from the ones I played).   

Grisaia also has a lot of comedy for the common route.

Edited by Fuwakuro

Well since someone mention Smee, may as well recommend HaremKingdom (Technically isekai nukige, but it's more on comedy side and has harem) and Sugar Style. Other than that, maybe Cafe Stella although you may not find it as good as any other Yuzusoft VNs (Especially Sanoba). There's also Mashimaro and Primal Hearts duology, although beware the number of sex scenes. Lastly, you may try Kirikoi if you're into something that has more than comedy and didn't mind something like KEY VNs. I don't know if you're already finished those VNs or not, but regardless I hope that my recommendations can be helpful to you.

PS - In 21st Nekonyan will release Klutzy Cupid following with Clover Days release on August 18th later, so perhaps you may as well try those two later if you have the chance.

Yeah. It was like poison to read Sanaba first after taking a long break, so hard to find something as enjoyable as that.

Thanks for all suggestions, will be playing some of them on my free times.

Should probably take a look on new releases.

Can't believe Draco Riot still being not released

Edited by CruelN1N1

For Dracu Riot, actually it already has full translation patch, although it's also unedited and leaked thus it called as incomplete. That said, since Nekonyan release might take a while longer wait, you may try to play it using the leaked patch. Of course if you thought that the translation is kinda off, you may chose to wait until Nekonyan release it later because it's the fully polished version of the leaked patch.

Edited by littleshogun

• 3 months later...