Best place to find Artists

megowhat

Where are the best places to find Artists capable of making Characters? Especially male characters. I've tried Fiver so far, but most of them from the looks of it can only really draw females and those who can draw males are so booked they don't have time. I've only looked on Deviant Art and not made a post yet afraid of who all would respond and only sifted through a few vn forums. I'm honestly not sure where I should search. I'm willing to pay them provided they are reasonable. 

Lemma Soft Forums is probably the first stop for anything VN related.

Beyond that... Word of mouth above all? Asking other VN devs and artists you reach out to for recommendations is sometimes the best bet at finding someone available and with appropriate skillset, particularly when looking for something relatively niche (and VN art involves some rare skills beyond just being good at drawing anime characters).

Edit: As to where to find devs to talk to... Apart Lemma Soft, probably discord channels are the best place? LoveVN (https://twitter.com/lovevndev) is one example, but I'm sure there's a lot more. I'm just not that much in-the-loop anymore. 

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

As an artist myself, I agree with word of mouth. Ask around and see if someone knows someone looking for work. Be upfront about what you want and how much you're willing to pay. (if you're looking for free work, you're likely not going to get a whole lot of responses...) You can find an artist rather quickly depending on what you're specifically looking for. Don't be afraid to contact an artist directly.

There's a ton of artists out there looking for work, it's just a matter of finding ones that meet your requirements. 

Edited by VernonZirconKitsune

• 1 month later...