Ange's Top 50 Visual Novel Characters with Writeups, Pictures, and Marked Spoilers

NowItsAngeTime

You can find the list in this Google Doc here.

I've been reading visual novels for almost 10 years, and it's still one of my favorite fictional mediums. Part of that is because of how much I love these characters and how long you get to know them in these stories. Now that I've read just about every English TLd VN I was interested in, I figured it'd be good to do this list as I go into reading VNs in Japanese and share which characters and experiences I've enjoyed the most. 

There's a simple TLDR list at the bottom of the doc you can access on the left side menu if you just want to see that without going through 30+ pages of writeups.

I chose not to include characters from series like Ace Attorney, DanganRonpa, and Zero Escape since those are popular enough and have enough gameplay to be considered just games and it was already tough to narrow down the characters I had for this list and wanted to highlight more from the text-only visual novels.

For Fun here's the spread of characters by localization company:

• MangaGamer- 6
  • JAST - 9 (8 currently unreleased)
  • Sekai Project - 10 (2 currently unreleased)
  • Sol Press- 1
  • Nekonyan- 2
  • MoeNovel- 5
  • Frontwing- 3 (All currently unreleased)
  • Degica- 2
  • Fan TLd Only- 9
  • EVN original- 3

Feel free to give any comments, gushing, or dunks on my opinions. Or to ask why certain characters are/aren't on my list. Or which characters of yours are your favorites. I'll answer whenever I can.