Something happened at Sekai Project?

Formlose Gestalt

6 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Considering some JAST projects gets stuck on engine work for literal years I wouldn't find it unbelievable that many, if not most Japanese developers don't give a f*** enough to provide the localization companies with that kind of assistance. Especially if most of them don't take translating into account when producing their games. 

considering funds getting literally wasted on delusionally ambitious projects a la tokyo chronos, instead of trying to hire real tech-dudes/gals, costing them real amounts of money, they and many others mostly keep looking for self-taught amatuers. 

26 minutes ago, SaintOfVoid said:

considering funds getting literally wasted on delusionally ambitious projects a la tokyo chronos, instead of trying to hire real tech-dudes/gals, costing them real amounts of money, they and many others mostly keep looking for self-taught amatuers. 

Aye, but that's beside the original point. They probably still wouldn't need hackers if the developers provided them with proper tools to localize their games. And as little as I know about game development and programming, I imagine that is connected with the JP VNs, especially older ones, being made in a way that never took into account the need of supporting other language versions. And not only older ones, as I've heard about, for example, Innocent Gray's VN engine being legendarily hard to work with. This had an effect in the form in those comical delays and major technical problems we all experiences with Flowers games (part of it might, of course, be JAST's lack of skill and properly-sized staff, but I'd be very surprised if it was just that). 

<Someone correct me if I'm spewing nonsense>

Edited by Plk_Lesiak