VNs requiring applocale no longer working after reformatting (Solved)

RickyOld

My VNs used to run perfectly on my laptop (ASUS N46VZ) with applocale, but after I reformatted my hard disk and reinstalled Windows 7 Home Premium using the Microsoft .iso file, the VNs that require applocale began bugging out (i.e. Chaos;Head refusing to start). I have also tried the various versions of applocale (LE etc), changed system locale to Japanese and followed the stickied troubleshooting guide, but to no avail.

So, I would like to know if there some software that I require for applocale or system locale to function properly? Oh, and I have removed my RECOVERY partition so I can't do a factory reset (Stupid, I know =__=). Thanks for helping!

Not really sure if this will help, but I noticed that when I had trouble getting Rewrite to work that the answer was under "Troubleshooting Suggestions"

Here is the ones from Chaos;Head:

Change your System Locale to Japanese.

To avoid crashes, black screens and broken audio:

1) Update DirectX!

2) Update your video card’s drivers.

3) Download and install the latest audio/video codec packs (recommend CCCP or K-Lite for codec.)

In order to avoid other technical errors:

1) Make sure you are the admin/have admin rights.

2) If possible avoid running apps or other background programs while installing/playing.

Make sure you are not still seeding the torrent when you play because the bittorrent client locks your files into read-only and causes problems with saving.

Honestly, at this point it might be better to first recover the savefiles of each vn, then get a new copy / installation for them. If you've already done that, idk how much the troubleshooting guides cover so try running things in various compatibility modes (for example, symphonic rain installer required win95 or 98 compat for me, true story).