Toaru Majutsu no Index/ Kagaku no Railgun

Kaguya

26 members have voted

1. 1. which do you think it's the strongest character on Index?

• Aleister Crowley
    • Kamijou Touma
    • Accelerator
    • Aiwass
    • Fiamma of the Right
    • Ollerus
    • Aureolus Izzard
    • Other (who?)
  2. 2. Which is the coolest level 5 besides Accelerator?

• Misaka Mikoto (Railgun)
    • Kakine Teitoku (Dark Matter)
    • Shizuri Mugino (Meltdowner)
    • Misaki Shoukuhou (Mental Out)
    • Gunha Sogiita (Attack Crash)
  3. 3. Your Favorite Level 0?

• Kamijou Touma
    • Meigo Arisa
    • Tsuchimikado Motoharu
    • Hamazura Shiage
    • Saten Ruiko
    • Fremea Seivelun
    • Komaba Ritoku
    • Hattori Hanzou
    • Kurozuma Wataru
    • Akemi
    • Trick
    • Hebitani Tsuguo
    • Kukumoto Hibiki
    • Koujun Kikuhiko
    • Hikoichi
    • Mako
    • Muu
    • Omoshi
    • Tamezou
    • Yokosuka

This poll is closed to new votes

Accelerator's harem wins in size, Touma wins in quality, I guess. Except I think Touma could also get those sisters to his harem.

last order said a part of the sisters are in nyaacelerator's harem and the rest (almost all of them i think) are in the kamijou harem.

and regarding the quality... nyaacelerator has mIsaka worst, last order, and a few other grown up women but misaka worst is probably better than almost any of kamijou's girls

last order said a part of the sisters are in nyaacelerator's harem and the rest (almost all of them i think) are in the kamijou harem.

and regarding the quality... nyaacelerator has mIsaka worst, last order, and a few other grown up women but misaka worst is probably better than almost any of kamijou's girls

Well, Touma's harem has more variety. You can find every kind of girl there, so I'd rather have his harem instead of Accelerator's.

I'm yet to read NT volume 8, since you asked before. I'll do it later.

not really, he's relantionship with Mikoto is way better, and Mikoto is more popular than index, and more importantly the author aparently loves Mikoto. I'd say mikoto has more possibilities

But, the name of the project is based on Index, right? and usually, the first girl to appear wins..

Leaving it aside, it also could be that he'll end up with Misaka and Index will be like a daughter of sorts.

I think that they may also don't specify who Touma ends up with, like a harem end of sorts.

But, the name of the project is based on Index, right? and usually, the first girl to appear wins..

Leaving it aside, it also could be that he'll end up with Misaka and Index will be like a daughter of sorts.

I think that they may also don't specify who Touma ends up with, like a harem end of sorts.

he technically met Mikoto first, and yeah it might end up as an open ending

not really, he's relantionship with Mikoto is way better, and Mikoto is more popular than index, and more importantly the author aparently loves Mikoto. I'd say mikoto has more possibilities

it's really not though... unless I missed something in the novels, which I may or may not have read at this point, he's completely oblivious to misaka's feeling while he's living with index and she isn't exactly being subtle about the whole thing.

as for the author loving misaka more, he damn should. every author should love useful characters more than obligatory damsels in distress.

he technically met Mikoto first, and yeah it might end up as an open ending

he did, but the whole "my brain exploded" thing made him completely forget about it.

also, the whole "first girl wins" thing doesn't always work, because (as an example) the blonde chick in Mashiro iro no Symphony was built up as the heroine for half of the series before you realize that it's going in a completely opposite direction and nothing is done with her for the rest of the series other than being emotional support for the other chicks who get turned away.

as for the author loving misaka more, he damn should. every author should love useful characters more than obligatory damsels in distress.

he did, but the whole "my brain exploded" thing made him completely forget about it.

Index is actually somewhat useful in the series.

Besides the Sheol Fear (which wasn't very useful) She makes FUSE=Kazakiri go back to normal and stop being that weird angel, she saves the third princess in the British Royal Family Arc with her Spell Intercept (she also helps the same princess to cast some spells) and such. I'd say she's about (a little below) Itsuwa-level in usefulness.

Also, Touma loses his memories more than once. By now, who knows which is the "first girl" to him.

Index is actually somewhat useful in the series.

Besides the Sheol Fear (which wasn't very useful) She makes FUSE=Kazakiri go back to normal and stop being that weird angel, she saves the third princess in the British Royal Family Arc with her Spell Intercept (she also helps the same princess to cast some spells) and such. I'd say she's about (a little below) Itsuwa-level in usefulness.

Also, Touma loses his memories more than once. By now, who knows which is the "first girl" to him.

the number of times she's needed rescue far outnumber the amount of times she's been useful though. she's about as handy as a dead dog nailed to an armchair <_<

I don't mind her character so much as the concept. she's a freeloading ninny who gets angry over the smallest things, violently at times, and is possessive as hell over a guy that she has no right to be possessive of. hearing her complain to touma that she's hungry was funny the first thirty or so times she said it but then you get into episode two and you kind of just want to beat her in the dome piece with a long loaf of stale French bread, serving the dual purpose of shutting her up and filling her up.

at least misaka is cute when she's being tsundere. index is tsun and she's dere at the same time, but it's completely different. it's more like a daughter with daddy issues that fights with the step mum over who has the right to marry the old man. while misaka is adorable and gets all shy, and to be perfectly honest I would have a good deal of fun teasing her about it, index is unjustifiably arrogant about the whole thing as though she owns touma just because he's nice to her. not unlike a cat in that aspect I suppose but far less cute and cuddly.

this is, most unfairly, my negative view of the character. as badly as I've made my opinion of her sound I don't mind her that much. she's not in my top 3 choices for index heroines, but she has her moments.

the number of times she's needed rescue far outnumber the amount of times she's been useful though. she's about as handy as a dead dog nailed to an armchair <_<

I don't mind her character so much as the concept. she's a freeloading ninny who gets angry over the smallest things, violently at times, and is possessive as hell over a guy that she has no right to be possessive of. hearing her complain to touma that she's hungry was funny the first thirty or so times she said it but then you get into episode two and you kind of just want to beat her in the dome piece with a long loaf of stale French bread, serving the dual purpose of shutting her up and filling her up.

at least misaka is cute when she's being tsundere. index is tsun and she's dere at the same time, but it's completely different. it's more like a daughter with daddy issues that fights with the step mum over who has the right to marry the old man. while misaka is adorable and gets all shy, and to be perfectly honest I would have a good deal of fun teasing her about it, index is unjustifiably arrogant about the whole thing as though she owns touma just because he's nice to her. not unlike a cat in that aspect I suppose but far less cute and cuddly.

this is, most unfairly, my negative view of the character. as badly as I've made my opinion of her sound I don't mind her that much. she's not in my top 3 choices for index heroines, but she has her moments.

To be honest, they're both annoying to me. My favorite Index heroine gotta be her:

1000px-Hyouka.jpg

Hyouka... that's unexpected, and i agree with eldin 100%, and i can't really pick a Misaka as my favorite heroine of the series but luckily my favorites Misakas are in different harems.

i really disliked the england revolution part just because of index, but the second volume was pretty cool (probably because index was unconscious)

Hyouka... that's unexpected, and i agree with eldin 100%, and i can't really pick a Misaka as my favorite heroine of the series but luckily my favorites Misakas are in different harems.

i really disliked the england revolution part just because of index, but the second volume was pretty cool (probably because index was unconscious)

England Revolution,  huh. I felt like skipping it for various reasons but I'm still glad that I didn't. World War 3 was nice~

If we talk about protagonists, while Accelerator is definitively the coolest, I tend to cheer for Hamazura way more than I do for Touma or Accelerator. There's something that really charms me in seeing that third-rate thug with no special power challenging things incredibly more powerful than him to protect Takitsubo. As Accelerator said, Hamazura is "truly a spectacular villain". Though Accelerator's views on what a first rate "villain" is are quite weird.

Also, why is my favorite heroine being Hyouka unexpected?

^ she's important but unimportant at the same time, i thought you would go for someone unimportant and important at the same time instead.

yeah, nyaaccelerator a hero/villain with power, Touma a hero with strong will and hamazura a hero/villaiin with luck, hamazura is the one that picks more interest, but nyaacelerator is still a better character

^ she's important but unimportant at the same time, i thought you would go for someone unimportant and important at the same time instead.

There are actually 3 other heroines in a tie with her about which is my favorite. I wonder if you can guess who they are~

Also, I want to watch the next Railgun episode. They built up the tension so well on this one.

Oh, if you count the Railgun cast I guess there's also one more heroine which may be my favorite. Yep, there are 5 of them in a tie. One is Hyouka. I'll give a reward to whoever guess right about who are the others~

There are actually 3 other heroines in a tie with her about which is my favorite. I wonder if you can guess who they are~

Also, I want to watch the next Railgun episode. They built up the tension so well on this one.

Oh, if you count the Railgun cast I guess there's also one more heroine which may be my favorite. Yep, there are 5 of them in a tie. One is Hyouka. I'll give a reward to whoever guess right about who are the others~

eldin's guesses concerning mystery heroines:

1: blonde nun lady. the one they rescued from red haired loli-nun.

2: loli-teacher.

3: saint big-breasted-sword-lady.

railgun bonus round:

4: Frenda.

England Revolution,  huh. I felt like skipping it for various reasons but I'm still glad that I didn't. World War 3 was nice~

If we talk about protagonists, while Accelerator is definitively the coolest, I tend to cheer for Hamazura way more than I do for Touma or Accelerator. There's something that really charms me in seeing that third-rate thug with no special power challenging things incredibly more powerful than him to protect Takitsubo. As Accelerator said, Hamazura is "truly a spectacular villain". Though Accelerator's views on what a first rate "villain" is are quite weird.

Also, why is my favorite heroine being Hyouka unexpected?

if you didn't hide anything from the forums then my guesses are:

1- Sparkling-eyed ojou-sama

2- A pervy teleporter

3- (and my random guess will be) A certain 12 years old nitrogen-shielded girl

nyaan~ i quoted the wrong post~ Teehee

Edited by Yukiru

if you didn't hide anything from the forums then my guesses are:

1- Sparkling-eyed ojou-sama

2- A pervy teleporter

3- (and my random guess will be) A certain 12 years old nitrogen-shielded girl

nyaan~ i quoted the wrong post~ Teehee

eldin's guesses concerning mystery heroines:

1: blonde nun lady. the one they rescued from red haired loli-nun.

2: loli-teacher.

3: saint big-breasted-sword-lady.

railgun bonus round:

4: Frenda.

Yukiru got 2 of them right. None of Eldin's guesses were right.

I'll give you guys another chance~

Also a hint: one of the characters didn't appear in the anime.

perhaps that woman from the russian orthodox church the strongest one, sasha's superior

No~

Hm.  I'll give away the answers. Nunotaba, Kinuhata, Lessar and Misaki~

That said, my priorities change very fast. And Laura is in a tie with Lessar.

Nunotaba_shinobu.png

file0000zv.jpg

tumblr_ml9oun7CRm1qzd219o1_500.gif

tumblr_moursz9hlZ1r6jp81o1_1280.png

Hm. I wonder if ITEM could be called Hamazura's harem. Takitsubo is his girlfriend, and I'm quite sure he could get Mugino if he wanted as well.

However, I don't know if he could have more than one of them at once, though. Since Mugino seems quite yandere-ish. And Takitsubo is quite a jealous one. There's also Kinuhata. What do you think?

hmmm... i don't believe there's any romance in ITEM besides hamaXsubo, and hamazura is fairly pathetic cool in his own way, maybe mugino would fall for him but i'm not sure about kinuhata

Yeah, I don't think kinuhata would fall for him either.

I think Mugino kind of did already, but she may not have realized it. When Hamazura says that he'll protect her, she's also quite surprised and is all like "what? but haven't you picked takitsubo already... Now you're saying that you'll protect me?"

Mugino is quite a nice yandere. She gave up on a lot and even took Body Crystal, which causes serious damage to her also going to russia to find him.

Also remember when she said this?

"I'll count to three. If you don't come out, I'll burn Takitsubo's pussy as punishment.Of course, if you’d rather just abandon her, then you can just sit there masturbating to the stench of her virginity being burned away.”

She was already crazy at that time, since Hamazura had already defeated her once. Oh well, Mugino shoot up quite a lot in my favorite character list with this~

Yeah, I don't think kinuhata would fall for him either.

I think Mugino kind of did already, but she may not have realized it. When Hamazura says that he'll protect her, she's also quite surprised and is all like "what? but haven't you picked takitsubo already... Now you're saying that you'll protect me?"

Mugino is quite a nice yandere. She gave up on a lot and even took Body Crystal, which causes serious damage to her also going to russia to find him.

Also remember when she said this?

"I'll count to three. If you don't come out, I'll burn Takitsubo's pussy as punishment.Of course, if you’d rather just abandon her, then you can just sit there masturbating to the stench of her virginity being burned away.”

She was already crazy at that time, since Hamazura had already defeated her once. Oh well, Mugino shoot up quite a lot in my favorite character list with this~

yeah, that's mugino for you.

so who do you think is the most ruthless character in the series? i can think of a few lke Mugino, Levinia, and all the gremlin crew but Thor. and of course i'm not saying a lot of names.

I'll probably pick Mugino, but i wanna hear what you say

yeah, that's mugino for you.

so who do you think is the most ruthless character in the series? i can think of a few lke Mugino, Levinia, and all the gremlin crew but Thor. and of course i'm not saying a lot of names.

I'll probably pick Mugino, but i wanna hear what you say

In the first part of the series, I'd pick Mugino. She gets softer in New Testament, though. Soft enough to chat with Last Order on the streets, turn off her artificial vision because Last Order found it annoying and calmly reply and act like a normal person to her.

Levinia is an option... But I can't really view her seriously since she argues with someone like Fremea, thinks Santa Claus exists, sleeps with a nightlight on and such.

Hm... Kihara Amata is also quite ruthless, but he dies too soon and he quickly gets overshadowed by other, more powerful characters.

Maybe Marian, but while she is a sadist she also seems to have soft side to her, not attacking those who are uninvolved,chatting and caring for comrades, and such. I wouldn't say she's suitable.

I'd pick Othinus. she's a ruthless and cold-hearted person who will utilize any means necessary to achieve her goals, regardless of how much destruction and suffering they bring to others. She has no qualms about threatening or harming anyone who inconveniences her in the slightest way, be they an enemy or an ally. And she simply has the power that Kihara lacks to be on the spotlight.

Yep, Othinus it is.

Okay, I really think Mugino is in love with Hamazura.

This:

“Shut up!!” Mugino yelled with anger in her single eye. “So you’re saying Hamazura has
fallen this far because you people just gave up on him!? Hamazura was only pushed down this path because he had no power! You people decided that he didn’t on your own and held back on his Curriculum!! It’s true he may not have become a Level 5. He may have stopped somewhere along the way. But if you had actually given him an equal chance, he would have had the possibility to grow
even if just a little!! If…If that had happened…!!”
Hamazura Shiage may not have joined Skill Out. It may not have been necessary for him to be swallowed up by the even deeper darkness

This is the same Mugino who killed Frenda and almost killed Takitsubo. That same person becoming full of rage because the higher ups at Academy City didn't give Hamazura a proper chance to become an esper and had planned to get him killed. If one can kills their closest comrades without so much as hesitating but they care so much about someone else, I think that pretty much settles it.