Type of romance VNs

Sparteh

One friend requested me to ask this here, so here I go. She is looking for VNs which would be similar to:

• F/SN - Fate route + avalon
  • Umineko - magic ending
  • Dies Irae - Marie + her afterstory

From what I understood, she wants something like impossible love, but with a happy (sort of) ending. Also, my friend like me also likes not pure SoL but seeing nature of impossible love most - fantasy. The best I came up with was Steins;Gate, Fata Morgana and Rewrite, but that was not enough for her so she asked for me to ask here.

Nanairo Reincarnation - Kotori Route

Akeiro Kaikitan - twin kamisama route (Ruri and Ruru)

Tokyo Babel- Raziel route

Devils Devel Concept - Mei Route

Vermilion Bind of Blood - Ariya route

It isn't fantasy but it has some of the elements she wants... Semiramis no Tenbin - Ami's route (Ami loving someone actually seems pretty close to impossible, lol)

For love with a lot of hurdles... Haruka ni Aogi, Uruwashi no - Donoko and Miyabi routes

Kami no Ue no Mahoutsukai (I'm not going to spoil it)

As for my recommendations in regard of romance that your friend wish, the first thing that came to me would be Air. There's also ef and eden, which is ending on bittersweet tone although it definitely had enough romance there. Keep in mind that those VN were did had slice of life element, so it might be not her taste. Oh, and if your friend was okay with horror I think I could recommend Saya no Uta there, but the romance was kind of twisted though. For last recommendation, I think I could recommend Suika because one route was did had bittersweet ending. Hope my recommendation would be help to your friend there, and sorry if those recommendations didn't fulfill your fantasy requirement.

PS - Since you did recommend Steins Gate, might as well recommend your friend with Steins Gate 0 there.

On 6/29/2017 at 9:25 PM, Clephas said:

Nanairo Reincarnation - Kotori Route

Akeiro Kaikitan - twin kamisama route (Ruri and Ruru)

Tokyo Babel- Raziel route

Devils Devel Concept - Mei Route

Vermilion Bind of Blood - Ariya route

It isn't fantasy but it has some of the elements she wants... Semiramis no Tenbin - Ami's route (Ami loving someone actually seems pretty close to impossible, lol)

For love with a lot of hurdles... Haruka ni Aogi, Uruwashi no - Donoko and Miyabi routes

Kami no Ue no Mahoutsukai (I'm not going to spoil it)

Thanks, I will tell her that, though I am debating about Tokyo Babel. It is the only VN that I have played personally from that list. I am wondering why did you mention Raziel in particular? Considering the nature of the ending and the fact that request was impossible romance + a happy ending, wouldn't other 2 routes fit that description better.

On 6/30/2017 at 7:21 AM, littleshogun said:

As for my recommendations in regard of romance that your friend wish, the first thing that came to me would be Air. There's also ef and eden, which is ending on bittersweet tone although it definitely had enough romance there. Keep in mind that those VN were did had slice of life element, so it might be not her taste. Oh, and if your friend was okay with horror I think I could recommend Saya no Uta there, but the romance was kind of twisted though. For last recommendation, I think I could recommend Suika because one route was did had bittersweet ending. Hope my recommendation would be help to your friend there, and sorry if those recommendations didn't fulfill your fantasy requirement.

PS - Since you did recommend Steins Gate, might as well recommend your friend with Steins Gate 0 there.

Thanks for remaining eden. Seriously, how could I forget about that? Though it does not really fit request exactly, but it is definitely worth to recommend it anyway. How much fantasy elements does ef and suika have? Btw. I didn't recommend S;G 0 because I was waiting for her to finish S;G so I would know whether she liked it.

On 6/30/2017 at 10:04 AM, raikao said:

She might like G-senjou no maou although it is not fantasy, Ourai no Gahkthun? it's fantasy and a bit sci-fi not necessarily an impossible romance but there is something but spoilers. I can't really think of anything else sorry.

Funny thing is that I myself am currently reading Gahktum so I will be able to check it personally before recommending it to her.

4 hours ago, Sparteh said:

Seriously, how could I forget about that? Though it does not really fit request exactly, but it is definitely worth to recommend it anyway. How much fantasy elements does ef and suika have? Btw. I didn't recommend S;G 0 because I was waiting for her to finish S;G so I would know whether she liked it.

About ef and Suika, it didn't had much fantasy element to be honest. Although by 'didn't had much' it mean that it still had some though, even if it's only a little. Oh, and the fantasy element was spoiler for both VNs, so I couldn't exactly talk about it freely here.

Edited by littleshogun