Rewrite: Trouble with rewrite_modif.reg (SOLVED)

Lindathiel

I have downloaded Rewrite from this site and when i run Make_rewrite_Work2,bat, it gives me error "Cannot import rewrite_modif.reg:Error opening the file. There may be a disk or file system error" then behind in cmd it says "the system cannot find the file specified.

What should i do? Also i have tried to run rewrite-r4.exe and it din't help along with running the .bat after still same problem.

i have changed my locale to japanese, going to sleep for tonight i'll be back early in morning and then evening.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't access to Make_rewrite_work2.bat file to work. When I click on it, another window comes out, then I click on yes, but then there's an error which says, "cannot import rewrite_modif.reg: Error opening the file. There may be a disk or file system error"

Please someone help me

Have you tried running it as administrator? Might fix it, but depends on how it works. Alternatively, if you're already running it as administrator run it as normal user instead.

Otherwise, you might want to do the usual and check if any file is set to read only, and if you have jp locale on.

• 1 month later...

I once had the same problem and did these steps to make it work:

Make sure you are running it as administrator. (i.e. right click on it then run as administrator)
1) RUN (rewrite & rewrite32 *registration entries)
2) Open regedit
3) "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Key\Rewrite"
4) Change path for dat_dir & exe_dir
Example for my local installation: D:\My Files\[Fuwanovel] Rewrite\Rewrite

5) Close, then run SiglusEngine.exe

Okay, first Regedit is a program installed on windows, what you do is:

1) open start menu

2) type 'regedit'

3) press 'enter'

4) go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Key\Rewrite" if you are on 64 bit though go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Key\Rewrite" (Note: the second one is most likely the case)

then procede with steps 4 + 5:

I wasn't even able to make the game start, to begin with.. I double-click on Siglusblahblahblah and..... Nothing happens! The admin tab comes out, I press to start the game, but it never starts! :(

Well, originally when I had the issue; the .bat file ended up being the solution.

Is the computer 32 bit or 64 bit?  That might have something to do with the errors.

Okay, first Regedit is a program installed on windows, what you do is:

1) open start menu

2) type 'regedit'

3) press 'enter'

4) go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Key\Rewrite" if you are on 64 bit though go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Key\Rewrite" (Note: the second one is most likely the case)

then procede with steps 4 + 5:

Follow the instructions drill posted.

Navigate to the registry node (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Key\Rewrite) with the registry editor. Since you ran the bat files they should have generated the node for Rewrite there. Double check that the dat_dir and exe_dir paths are the same as where Rewrite is located on your PC.

I did all of the above, but the SinglusEngine still won't open.. Someone mentioned wheter my pc is 32 bit or 64bit.. Does this have anyhting to do?

This might be the stupidest question ever, but since you said you are a newbie and things aren't working I may as well ask... Do you know how to properly run a file as an administrator? What was your method?

First of all, I told you I am a noob.. -_- Second of all, that doesn't mean I'm stupid! >_< I know how to do some things! (I hope.. and think...) right click-run as an administrator (don't know if I wrote it right. my pc is in greek, so...)

Yeah, you're doing it right.

Now, I have another theory. After you run the rewritereg.bat, don't close it. Just leave it there and see what happens.