Black screen on some games. (SOLVED)

I have a problem with some games, for example when i launch Shuffle it goes to a black screen and then just stops there, nothing happens and i have to reboot my pc.

It worked just fine up until a few days ago, but then it suddenly started doing the black screen thing. Please help.

First thought is something to do with the laptop switching to NVIDIA graphics instead of the on-board.

I know this is the usual line, but have you tried updating the NVIDIA graphics drivers?

Also, does this do this just on VN games, windowed or fullscreen or both?

One thing to try is to go into NVIDIA control panel and try to FORCE the laptop to use NVIDIA or onboard.

I have tried to do a system restore, but it did not fix the problem... I can play visual novels in windowed mode, but if I try switching to fullscreen it gives me the black screen...

I found someone who experienced your exact problem and he found turning off his firewall before launching the game did the trick. Might be something worth trying?

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32232

I just tried turning off windows firewall and Bullguard firewall, and it actually worked :D so I guess I just have to turn off the firewalls everytime I want to play a visual novel...

Excellent news :D

Also, you don't have Bullguard firewall and Windows firewall turned on at the same time, do you? If you have more than 1 firewall running, they can conflict and things can become ... problematic.

Happy gaming