Otome Game Translation Team

Hello there! ^^

I am, as probably a lot of you here, an otome game lover! ~ And is obviously disappointed in the English otome game market (thank god for hakuoki)

The existing groups that translates otome games doesn't really seem to pick up the games I want >_<

Sooo I'm basically wondering if there are some good people interesed in starting a translation Group with me ^^ (if this question is allowed here).

I would buy the games and help with translating, but of course I'd need more translators and hackers (I have no idea how to do that kind of stuff).

If someway possible, I'd like to encourage the players to actually buy the game and not download it (I Heard there's one Group that has made it so you have to buy it Before applying the English patch so you can play but I don't really remember how), since, of course, I want them to support the companis creating the games!

Wow I'm just babbling aren't I D: well if anyone's interested or have any good ideas, please tell me ^^

Games I'm interested in translating:

1. Hiiro no Kakera

2. Amnesia

3. Any Otomate Game

Please ask me if you have any questions!

/Saica

hey saica

i hope there are more otome translations too and this is definitely a good idea. hoping you will find people. the bottleneck is usually hackers, because that skill is rare among girls. and it's hard to persuade the guys to help with hacking if it's a game they are not particularly interested in. that's the really big problem.

it also doesnt help that a lot of the fanbase look down on english patches. (they see it as encouraging piracy)

you should also try posting on Otomehearts forums and Aarinfantasy as well, both places have people doing translations. if no luck, you might be able to join with stellarroze and the others? http://marchentranslations.wordpress.com/2013/07/28/poll-results/

i certainly wouldnt go as far as create a DRM on the patch to stop people who are too poor from playing.

some ppl just dont live in the same privileged countries as us. and even for the people who do, some of them are children without credit cards, and some are students who dont have jobs. so long as people like us the bigger fans, continue to support the devs, the devs can go on, and we dont have to block the rest of our poorer friends from getting to play.

my stance is if they can't afford it, then they can ask someone who has bought the game to print them a copy. (so long as they dont steal it)

I'd love to help out! Unfortunately at the immediate moment I don't know how to hack, but I want to learn, so if another editor/hacker jumps on board and are willing to teach me I'd be more than happy to learn :) Till then I guess I can proofread. I can't translate either : ( Also if you end up putting a website or blog up I can help manage that and help organize teams and projects and such.

I'm so happy so many people want to help me out ;v; First off, I'm going to start up a website somehow! (a free one, I'll have to look around how to do it) or a blog or something,

then I will write down there on the "staff" list, everyone that wants to help out and what you want to do, until I feel I have enough people for every area!

So expect a pm from me later asking you a few questions and asking for your help <3

Again, Thank you so much!

/Saica

^ That will tide you over and even make transition easier if you decide to move to your own hosting. Depending on where you're from it's incredibly cheap to setup a small site running Wordpress.

Thanks, I will do that then! ^^

So! I just got the site running! I worked pretty fast since I want to start reqruiting members ^^ so it's no completely done but it'll have to do for now!

I named the group "Otomeido", the best I could come up with ^^''

http://otomeido.wordpress.com/

For now, there's only me on the Team page, but please write a message here if you'd like to join and I'll pm you shortly <3

Also, even though I'm the founder, I'm going to need a lot of help and suggestions so feel free to come with ideas etc. ^^

/Saica

I'd love to help out! Unfortunately at the immediate moment I don't know how to hack, but I want to learn, so if another editor/hacker jumps on board and are willing to teach me I'd be more than happy to learn :)/> Till then I guess I can proofread. I can't translate either : ( Also if you end up putting a website or blog up I can help manage that and help organize teams and projects and such.

Hello! Thank you for your interest <3

When we're in need of proofreaders I'll definitely tell you! :) And if a hacker comes along I'll ask him/her to teach you if possible! ^^ I just started a site and if you have any suggestions for it, please tell me! I'm not really sure what to write tbh heheh

www.otomeido.wordpress.com

/Saica

for PSP games it might be easier to find some1 to capture the videos and sub it like an anime, just like what ziddy does with oreimo

http://notcliche.com/ziddy/

sometimes this is the only way because hacking psp is realllly hard

(or if u know chinese u can ask the chinese hackers to give u their tools... well theyre free anyway)