So,what happened to rance Quest?

newbornFL

Back in 2014 there was a big ooze going on about rance quest translation,telling us that it's going to be finished 2016.

Yet i'm doing a simple google search and latest info is from april 2016,basically everyone talking about this just died.

What happened to this? It was one of my longest awaited games(I really enjoyed sengoku rance) and I really looked forward to the continuation of the story.

Arunaru and tulip goddess maria (the person translating Rance Quest) went official with MangaGamer, and MG partnered with Alicesoft and released 5D and 6.  There is zero chance of a fan translation for Quest getting released.  The only way it will be getting a translation is through that partnership.

I'm honestly quite baffled as to how you missed that.

1 minute ago, newbornFL said:

Had a life for 3 years I guess.

:badnicoman:

1 minute ago, newbornFL said:

So you are saying,that after they finish translating the older games,they would pass to the new ones.

So there IS a Chance?

Logically, yeah.  That all depends on Alicesoft and sales, though, and so far Rance has been selling pretty dang well, so I wouldn't exactly call it unlikely.  They may be retranslating Sengoku to be officially released; some people are theorizing that it's the title with a "historical bent" hinted at in MG's licensing survey results, but that's obviously just speculation.