Can't get Subarashiki Hibi working after switching computers

Zalor

I have finally gotten a new Laptop, and I am in the process of transferring files over. I started reading Subarashiki Hibi a few days ago, and I wanted to transfer my files over. So I moved the files over, but when I would click on the application BGI to execute the game, nothing happens. I have my locale set to Japanese. I even tried running it as an administrator. It is weird because when I click on it, sometimes I will get the loading circle near my mouse, but nothing will happen. Not even an error message.

I have a physical copy of the game and that is how I originally installed it on my old computer. But currently my physical copy is at my dorm (I am back home for the holidays). So I was hoping to just transfer the files instead of installing it again. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Mhmm, dem VNs are notorious for requiring you to reinstall them rather than just being able to transfer files when switching devices due to the need for dem registry entries, only fix without having the disc to install would be to somehow find out what those registry entries are on your old comp and then RegEdit them into your new Lappy, but that's kinda.. 

Thanks, that's what I was thinking. But I was hoping that there would be a more convenient work around. Guess I will continue playing on my old comp until I get back to school. I don't think transferring saves should cause much trouble.