H-Codes, I'm at wits end

This is going to be fairly long so I'll put a TL;DR at the bottom.

There is a game I've been dying to play for a while now. It is Diary of Narue (http://www.melonbooks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=IT0000165519) It has virtually no chance of being translated so after being bored today I decided to look into machine translations because it's better than nothing.

I wish I hadn't because I lost an afternoon to so many failed attempts. I'm not very savy when it comes to these things, even making fan translations work can be a hassle for me, but this was my everest. The part that was the most difficult was the text hooking.

I tried ITH which wouldn't work because I'm on windows 10. I looked into partitioning a Windows 7 section off but felt it to be too much of a hassle for something I wasn't even 100% would work in the first place. There was supposedly a fix to make ITH work with Windows 10 but I couldn't get it to work for me despite multiple attempts.

Then I discover VNR. On the surface it's amazing but then I try to hook it to the game there is an issue. It won't hook. It's not in their database since it's a very niche game. So here I am left with my only option being find the h-code for Diary of Narue. I google every possible combinations of words and get a lot of side material but never just 'where/how to find the h-code'. I'm already 3 levels deep in unfamiliar territory and not finding help on the internet is pushing me to my breaking point. Please, if anyone can help find this h-code, tell me I'm doing something horribly wrong, or advise me that it's hopeless I would seriously appreciate it.

TL;DR; Need the h-code for Diary of Narue so I can machine translate it in VNR and I am dumb.

Thanks.

HongFire is where the H-code creators tend to hang out, but I suppose Fuwanovel has a couple people who are knowledgeable about creating H-codes.

Also, I prefer ITHVNR.  It's Windows 10 compatible and has a nice minimalist interface.  For machine translation you can't really go wrong with Visual Novel Reader though.

I hate to say it, Sanah... but some VNs will only work with one of the hookers, and it isn't always VNR.  I know of at least eight VNs that will only work with good old agth, twenty-nine that will only hook with the original ITH, and another thirty that will only work with ITHVNR or VNR.  Also, you failed to mention that ITH update that lets it work on Windows 10 that you posted in your thread on text hookers.

When they melded elements of ITH and VNR to create ITHVNR, they eliminated useful parts from both... at least from what I could tell.

Gleam Garden no Shoujo, which I'm playing at the moment, only hooks with ITH, for instance... it crashes if you use ITHVNR or VNR and agth crashes if you try to hook it to that game. 

If you are going to keep playing VNs in Japanese, you'll have to accustom yourself to trying out multiple engines and various in-game settings to get text hookers to work.   The settings you need to pay the most attention to are text speed (in all but a few games it has to be maxed), font (most text hookers prefer MS Gothic - in katakana of course), and sometimes even text settings unique to the VN in question.  I even encountered a VN that couldn't hook text that you had already read, which was as annoying as hell when I went back to play it a second time, lol.

Edit: Oh, and the last time I checked, the only ways to hook Semiramis no Tenbin were an internal hook using TA and directly through Cheat Engine (more annoying and time-consuming for the latter, from what I am told).  

Try this h-code. One big caveat though is it applies to the latest version of Adobe Air (23.0.0.257) as of this time of writing. It will likely not work on older or newer versions.

/HQ-C:-14*A0@528CB0:Adobe AIR.dll

zRAUA1O.png

edit: For some reason, the hook gets reset after the reading the first few screens in the game. Tested ITH3 and VNR, both are having that issue. I probably won't have more time to find out why this is happening.