Oculus Rift- Virtual reality

Xypers

rigging the models would certainly take a lot of time and effort. If a company rushes the making of its game, there would be less polishing of the models. Stretching/squeezing of the muscles whenever the joints fold could break the model's proportion.

Also there should be awesome shader effects so there wouldn't be hanging outlines or something.

If you want tutorials, Maya should have enough to teach you on everything it can do. The program costs a lot tho (that's if you don't want to pirate stuff).

I also see torrents of videos on 3D modeling tutorials on the internet. You should give it a go if you're feeling passionate about making 3D anime characters.

Rigging always was my least favorite part about modeling, but I'm not sure this is something frequently rushed enough to make all of the animations look terrible, though I can't say I haven't seen it before.

I actually already have Maya and I know a decent amount about it, but the main program I've been using for a few years is 3ds max. I've had no luck finding good tutorials for either. It seems like quite a few artist from 3dcg-arts, deviantart, or just PVs use 3ds max, but I have no idea how they actually do it yet. I'm sure there are a reasonable amount of tutorials out their that I may be able to find once I've progressed a little further in Japanese, though. Anyway, I didn't mean to keep bothering you guys about that. :P

On the Oculus Rift, does it have a list of specs and such of what it can run? How powerful are those tiny goggles at the moment?

• 1 year later...