Having some troubles with the first Sono Hanbira game. (SOLVED)

I just downloaded first Sono Hanabira game from fuwanovel. It came pre-installed and pre-patched. Like with all VNs I ran it with applocale.

Here are my problems with this game:

1. When I try to open Extra menu (which I assume is where all the unlocked CGs are) I get these two errors:

iQmsYMF.jpg

Y0GAQzr.jpg

one after another and then the game closes

2. During the story I occasionally get this error:

20vUlVA.jpg

after which (as I assume) the next cg doesn't load and so no character is shown

0At9Xai.jpg

which makes me believe that I'm missing out on some nice art

//-------------------------------------------------

Has anyone else encountered these errors and are there ways to fix them?

Thanks

Try forcing the torrent to recheck the files for corruption. Also stop the finished torrent so it is not seeding and check that no files are read-only.

The torrent is no longer seeding it. I removed it from torrent's list of files.

The files are also not marked as read only

The only thing I can think is to recheck the files, you should be able to do that even if you've removed it from the seeding list, if you download the torrent file again and make sure the files are in the same place.. please remember to keep the save files separate though, or you'll lose progress.

I've not been able to duplicate the errors on 3 machines, the hunt goes on.

Did the "Force Recheck" but nothing happened... I have no idea why is this happening...

Is there a specific filepath required maybe?

Also the same thing seems to be happening with all the games in the series. So it might be a problem with the game engine itself. I just don't know what exactly is wrong

Rechecked the files. They are not read only but the folder itself (all the folders actually) have this flag

rzdT3sl.jpg

And when I uncheck it and press ok and then see folder properties again it's rechecked again

Edit: Tried running it on another machine. Same results. maybe the game is incompatible with 64bit systems?

Rechecked the files. They are not read only but the folder itself (all the folders actually) have this flag

rzdT3sl.jpg

And when I uncheck it and press ok and then see folder properties again it's rechecked again

Edit: Tried running it on another machine. Same results. maybe the game is incompatible with 64bit systems?

Seems like you aren't able to make them not read-only?

Also I've tested it on 64bit and 32bit, no issues.

Might help with the read-only

open 'properties' on the highest level folder you want to change attributes

- click 'security' tab

- click 'advanced'

- click 'change permissions'

- click 'add'

- enter 'Everyone' in the 'enter the object name to select' dialog box

- click 'check names'

- click OK

- click 'full control' in the 'allow' column

- click OK

- click the box (turn on) 'replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object'

- click OK

Hmm only issues I can see were on Linux using Wine that seemed to have that issue. So it feels like its a file access problem.

Looked into it, game is having an issue accessing the ITS archives, not sure what is blocking access to it.

That checkbox being blue isnt actually a problem, as ive found out - in fact, I'm a bit in doubt that actual folders can be read only and not just the files inside them at this point. The blue thingy is there to make that you haven't selöected either of the two things possible to do - if you click it, you'll see that you can use it to change everything inside to read only (or the opposite).

confusing right?

You do seem to be having a fair amount of file read errors, though. Could try getting it from another place instead if you have major issues, or check petals' garden to see if they have some fixes.

Sometimes applocale doesn't work, so I did a system locale in Japanese. It's fixed most of my issues.

EDIT: I downloaded the Fuwanovel version and am in system locale in Japanese. It works fine for me. It did freeze up when I ticked away from the game and I had to close it via task manager.

Tried running Honfire's version of applocale. Tried changing system to Japanese. Still these errors... It's probably my system. I'm gonna try replicating these errors on other machines next week to see if the universe hates me or just my laptop

^As far as I understood the game just doesn't want to load character graphics. A little bit later when some other girl shows up those error show up every time I avance a text and the game refuses to show the character sprites. Only the red headed girl (who is most likely a pwotagonist of the story) shows up.

So as Kendjin and Zakamutt said it most likely can't open the archive where all those images are. It's just that I don't know why is this happening and how to bypass it

Hello again. I just wanted to say that the problem is definatelly in my system (and server system as well). I tried the game on friends netbook and it worked perfectly.

Therefore I created Virtual Machine on my laptop with Win 7 x86 and the game works perfectly there. Thank you for your patience with me. The problem is now solved (kinda)

Now how do I add [Kinda Solved] tag to my thread title?