Root Double Xtend Episodes (Help)

Limerence_

About XTend episode, actually it was part of Route D from Root Double old version. From what I'd read, there's some criticism that Root Double Route D was jammed with flashback and therefore slowing the pacing (Although it was also offer good character development though). So, when Yeti made XTend version, they decided to change the flashback at Route D with new scene, and place the old flashback at XTend version. As for XTend episode, I think if you want to knew more about Root Double character it should be a good read here.

56 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

About XTend episode, actually it was part of Route D from Root Double old version. From what I'd read, there's some criticism that Root Double Route D was jammed with flashback and therefore slowing the pacing (Although it was also offer good character development though). So, when Yeti made XTend version, they decided to change the flashback at Route D with new scene, and place the old flashback at XTend version. As for XTend episode, I think if you want to knew more about Root Double character it should be a good read here.

Oh I see, I didn't know that. Guess I'll give it a go after all. Thank you. 

Spoiler just in case for the people who haven't got there yet and accidentally clicked on the topic

Spoiler

In the original version, in order for the true end to be unlocked (it doesn't even show up in answer mode), every single flashback would need to be read, including trivial things such as Watase and Kazami going out on dates and how their relationship played out in the past, which is completely irrelevant to Kazami's argument to Watase for the true end.

What usually turned people off was that flashbacks were in the middle of the cliffhanger - you need them for the true end yet it breaks you away from the cliffhanger situation.

The Xtend episode contains a lot of old scenes which are safe to skip if they don't have a key (if they do, they get some new content after an SSS prompt), but there are also lots of new scenes that expand on characterization and world-building. Not all new scenes have keys, so you should at least briefly check them all to make sure if they're new or not.

BTW, I'd recommend saving Natsuhiko's scenes for last.