Muv Luv Alternative questions

Sparteh

After beating Coup d'ate arc I woulw like to ask could someone answer me a few questions about Alternative:

1. What is approximate lenght of each arc?

2. What is the connection between Alternative adn Altered Fable? Is it a sequal or a complete different story?

1) There is a walkthorugh on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLs3QfQRAEHZTxRnTMSKV-ZdgSSEyqTB3n
You can see that Coup de Arc ends around 18th episode, and there is around 80 episodes, (which are in  various lenghts), but you can get a rough estimate, or just simply add timeplays and count it by yourself. ;)

2) I rather not tell you if you didn't finished Alternative. But if you're cerain you want a spoiler, then here you go.

Spoiler

It's...complicated. It's a fandisc, creators said that it's completly alternative reality, have little to do with Alternative, but... It could be a sequel. Everything is in a right place to be a sequel, an 'extended epliogue' to Muv Luv Trilogy, expecially to very end of Alternative, but formally it isn't. You can treat it as you want, but for me it was a perfect ending to Muv Luv world. Probably my favourite (not 'the best') part of Muv Luv series.

Warning: spoilers.

Spoiler

Altered Fable essentially undoes what Unlimited did. That is, it takes you away from the world of TSFs and brain-fucking aliens in order to bring you back to the nonsensical love comedy that lay at the core of Extra. Furthermore, as mentioned above, it's very easy for you to interpret it as a continuation to Alternative. As mentioned above, it's supposed to be an an alternative reality - but that's also exactly what Unlimited and Alternative are as well, which would justify considering it as a direct sequel to Alternative, especially considering where it picks up. After all, Unlimited only happen because Sumika managed to summon the Takeru from Extra into her Unlimited's universe. Likewise, the same applies to Alternative, though the whole thing is basically the Sumika route of Unlimited anyways. All of it only happened because of Sumika and literal mind fucking. 

You could say that Altered Fable is the ending that Shirogane Takeru deserved as a human being after going through what he did.

...and here we go, one of the translators/editors of Muv Luv localization team, and one of the prominent members of Alternative Projects, responsible for MuvLuv Supplement, Altered Fable and upcoming Kimi ga Nozomu Eien transaltion, Evan, answered question about "Why AF is considered 'not a sequel' to Alternative."

and there it is:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1soo4im/

I was convinced that CLAMP's scenario writer Nanase Okawa got strong inspiration from MUV-LUV Character Kouzuki Yuuko to create Yuko Ichihara, the dimensional witch of xxxHolic and Tsubasa Chronicles (or the other way around... nope, that's not possible, Yuuko first appared in Kimi ga Ita Kisetsu, but she wasn't a "dimensional witch" back then).

I decided to double check the relase date of the original Muv Luv, xxxHolic an TC and I found out they are pretty much contemporary, I wonder if CLAMP and ML authors knew each other somehow...

Just finished Alternative. I decided to play Fable later this week. Still I have 2 new questions:

1 - Could someone give me a link where I could find script/text which was spoken at the very last scene? (After the best 3 girls transfered XD)

2 - Well, I think I should be able to finish Japanese version of Fable with my poor skills (about N4) and Translator Agregator. But could someone list all the routes it has? There should be more than the original Muv Luv heroines but also routes like Kasumi's right?

1 - wasn't it in *.txt file in game folder? But anyway, it's on this playlist I posted earlier:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Pngx1WRpc&index=88&list=PLs3QfQRAEHZTxRnTMSKV-ZdgSSEyqTB3n

2 - Routes are more like 'branching plots' than standard routes in this.
It looks roughly like that :P 

Spoiler

832Wjuv.png

Where '4' is a first branch, when you can spend time with pack of a girls you want to spend time with, 7 being great sequence when you have a lot to do, and a lot of choices and combinations (I spend hours here to get 100%), and 8 are 'mini routes' (maybe 2-4 hours each) for every possible heroine (10 of them IIRC).
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,9 and END are translated, patch here:
https://alternativeprojects.wordpress.com/category/altered-fable/
But from 8 only Sumika, Meyia and Haruko (<3) are translated for now.
There is a walkthrough in this patch as well, although it not provide guide to all scenes in 7.

I will end this post with my subjective opinions, just cause I can. :P
- Altered Fable is my favourite part of the ML series, it's really great, especially right after Alternative. I got to love those characters and really wanted to spend more time with them, so I was more than happy to have a chance to do that.
- Best girls: Extra - Ayamine (her sarcastic smirkiness is great. also her route was really 'different', more mature and great as well), Unlimited - Kasumi (so much to love. her voice is amazing. Ayamine here is not favourite, because there was not much of a connection between her and Takeru [as it should be, in this enviroment, there were not many chances for them to get close together, so that's why I refuse to acknowledge of existence of 'her route' in Unlimited :P ], Alternative - Kasumi/Munakata (as much as I still love Kasumi, Munakata was stealing every scene she was in. Her scenes had completly different tone than rest of the game, she was 'owning' Takeru in every dialogue), AF - Haruko (Kasumi route was not translated, but she became rather 'typical strange kid', so not much fun, and Haruko was really compelling [great chemistry with Ayamine, much better than Ayamine and Miki in Extra], interesting and 'human' [cause we know 95% of heroines in VNs are completly otherworldly and are acting completly unrealistic])

So yeah, have fun. :P

Yeah, it would be fun if it stopped crashing after about 5-10 minutes of playing... Typical Muv Luv crash. It happned during Sumika's route, during Unlimited and Alternative endings...Aready made a post in proper place in forums.

Well, girls I liked were: Meiya>Kasumi>Yuuhi>Entire Valkyrie squad>Ayamine=Senseis>the rest of Unlimited girls>random girls who appeared only for a few momments>Sumika

As long as I get to play first 3 (I will play in Japanese if I have to) I don't mind the rest.