IntroductionTooNerdy

3 hours ago, Makudomi said:

Hey, another person into speedrunning. What do you run?

Mainly PS2 JRPGs, but I also speedrun RPGs and Platformers on other consoles.

3 hours ago, Aizen-Sama said:

Hello,  always nice to see new people here.

See ya around. :mare:

Thank you for the warm welcome.

2 hours ago, tymmur said:

Speedrunning sounds like you are doing it wrong. You better start thinking like a proper engineer. Why do something yourself if a machine can do it much better/faster for you. Get a car :P

That's actually a pretty good idea. Sometimes fan translations works pretty much out of the box while other times, the CS knowledge needed is quite significant. Extracting and inserting scripts into gamefiles can be an interesting task, both due to encryption as well as syntax. One of my greatest moments with VNs isn't great written stories. It's actually a VN engine, which crashed whenever it tried to display English and it just felt so great once the English text was displayed ingame.

Alternatively you could join op with some original VN project and help writing the script with jumps, variables and other coding aspects. It's less demanding and you would likely avoid having to read hex.

It's also possible that you shouldn't settle for just one. A translation takes a long time to make. It's quite possible most of the technical issues will be solved early on and then the need for technical skills will be months apart while the translators goes through all the lines. Perhaps some work in the end will be needed even if you made a proof of concept patch early on to make sure the game will accept the English text.

I mean I could do TAS and all that, in response to your speedrunning statement, but I do not have enough free time to work on TAS projects, especially since i'm usually busy with enough projects as is. TAS is very time consuming.

Your other statement is rather interesting though, i'll keep it in mind. None the less, thank you for the warm welcome.

29 minutes ago, AaronIsCrunchy said:

This thread has been a whole pile of :pyaa::pyaa::pyaa::pyaa::pyaa:  for me! We should totally hook up, my crunchiness will complete your nerdiness :3

Welcome to the forums, hope to see you about!

The person I've been accused of being since I joined this site has finally commented it seems. Thank you for the warm welcome.

22 minutes ago, Leaf said:

Welcome to the fuwa, it's nice to meet ya.

You're a gamer right, so what kind of games do you like to play exactly? It seems like you are a busy guy, I hope you have time to relax every once in a while.:sachi:

Well i'm sure i'll see you around and have fun, here's some moe for ya.

Reveal hidden contents

_rwby__ruby_rose__a_blissful_feeling_by_

It is nice to meet you to.

I play generally any game that requires skill to play, whether it be MOBAs, Starcraft II, Fighting Games, Card Games, Chess etc etc. Generally anything that requires skill and can be played competitively, I try to play it.

Yes I tend to be busy quite often, and the past few weeks have been spastic, but luckily the last few days or so have allowed me to relax a bit.

15 minutes ago, Arcadeotic said:

The fact that it's actually pure, 100% coincidence is extremely shocking and hilarious at the same time

I don't get how there being 2 people named Aaron can be so funny.

14 minutes ago, tymmur said:

I feel like having double vision :michiru:

Oh haha.

13 minutes ago, AaronIsCrunchy said:

There is some weird voodoo shit going on in the universe right now, pretty sure of it.

Actually though, it's interesting to see someone with an interest in music theory. Do you take examinations/gradings in it, or is it purely for interest?

I do not take examinations/gradings in it. My interest in music theory is because i'm a composer.

12 minutes ago, Arcadeotic said:

This is way too magical, my sides.

I'm bookmarking this thread

Send help, I'm dying

I shall notify Life Alert as soon as possible.

8 minutes ago, AaronTooNerdy said:

I don't get how there being 2 people named Aaron can be so funny.

I don't get it either. It's a name like so many other names. However the replies makes it funny for some wicked reason I can't explain. I wouldn't have mentioned double vision if nobody else had made the comparison, but after reading what people had written and then seeing those two lines at the bottom, it looked like a chance I couldn't throw away. It's a shame the forum changed the formatting though. It looked right when I clicked submit reply. Oh well, the message got through.