A somewhat eccentric person

I decided to call myself Lapsed OJLVN Fan. Here are a few reasons why:

1. I became active in translated visual novel fandom in the early 2000s. Some experiences such as Snow Drop were enjoyable. Others were disappointing. I eventually regretted buying Tokimeki Check-in and a few other titles.

2. Over a decade ago, I began to explore the freeware VN scene. Some of what I found was really impressive. I skipped the stories which didn't sound interesting.

3. About five years ago, I gave up on computer games. At the time, it seemed like the balance between computers and consoles was changing. I got the impression that it would be just a few months until consoles would become extinct. Because of this, I have read almost no computer games in the last few years.

4. In the last year, I have enjoyed a few VNs on consoles. However, my interest level has been slowly decreasing. I have begun using the admittedly cynical term "OJLVN" to describe translated stories, especially ones which I do not find personally appealing.

I may not often have time to post here on Fuwanovel. However, I will strive to be active.

Welcome to Fuwanovel and hope you had fun here. And speaking about your experience, it was quite interesting I supposed although I couldn't elaborate it too much though (Sorry). Speaking about console VN, did you play something like Ar Tonelico or untranslated one like Memories Off ? And while console was had nice game collection, I still think that PC was more capable to survive the changing time, especially with many console game that had Steam version (Although some of them need very big HDD space and good graphic card though). For last word, not much other than good luck in your Fuwanovel activity in the future.

Welcome to the forums. I've done a similar journey to yourself though I date back to 1995. There is no need to try and force VNs down your throat, but the vast scope of what's out there now is nothing like the wasteland of just a decade ago. I'm pretty sure you'll find something to pique your interest, you just have to find the right genre. Good VNs are truly amazing unique pieces of art.

8 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

All them talks about decades and years makes you sound old, but I bet 50 bucks that you're younger than another member 'round these parts who goes by the alias "Rooke"

And I'm even older, and though my interest in VNs waxed and waned over the last 20 years, it never died out. Currently I can't get enough of them so much that I'm translating as a pastime. You never know where your journey will end up.