Unable to edit posts on mobile at random

Like the title says, sometimes post editing just doesn't work. Does anyone else experience this issue on mobile devices?

More often than not I'll be able to edit a post once but the following attempts result in failure (sometimes I can do it twice!).

What happens is I can click the edit button but when I press save it doesn't do anything.

This ONLY happens with posts and PMs, not threads, because threads open the editor in a different page and that always loads correctly.

I don't know what fixes it either, it just randomly may or may not work. I try restarting the browser and requesting the desktop site but there's really no consistency in what works and what doesn't.

I use Chrome on my tablet but I've tried using my default browser and the issue remains.

This has happened for a while but it's getting annoying enough that I hae to mention it. There's so many posts of mine with typos I can't edit, think of the horrors. :(

If you ask my experience, then I would said yes I had the problem to edit my post on mobile phone. Sometimes I could edit my post in one phone and sometimes not. Just want to share, I remember that I want to edit one of my post here from my tab, and just like you after I edit it (And several minutes of thinking what should I write) I was obviously click save and after several attempt it still didn't respond. Although I still didn't try using desktop version on my tab, I figured that was more trouble than worth it so I just resort to my laptop if I want to edit my post here. Oh, I think I could still add my post from the tab though. And I also had similar experience back in VNDB when one time I type the word too much and somehow it didn't respond when I want to delete it (Resulted in messy post back there).

For the conclusion, my experience regarding that was other than editing post, I think I didn't had much complain (Although guess I'd more comfortable to use laptop or computer to made my post here, so I'd usually just use tab to read the forum anyway).

I always have had this problem with my tablet

I use Chrome and it happens every time I use it

However, I've found a fix, at least with my garbage, out-dated model

I switch it to horizontal view, press the edit button, make my changes, check the "Show this message has been edited" checkbox, and voila, it usually accepts the changes.

As for PMs, I just flip to horizontal view and it saves them more often than not.

I don't know why it does this, but that's my fix for the problem on my device

Just now, Nosebleed said:

Reporting I can't edit the post above a 2nd time. Looks like it isn't fuwa specific but likely a case of :ipb:

The fix @Arcadeotic suggested doesn't seem to work for me.

Well my tablet is like 5 years old anyways, so I didn't think it would work for anyone else

Yet another case of :ipb: