Megatokyo Kickstarter

Kendjin

I backed it with a mere $10, mostly cause I was a bit annoyed that there's a stretch goal for more episodes, but little in the way to suggest a larger donation would include the future titles included in the donation.

Also since its safe to assume he'll never reach half a million, I don't have to worry about his lackluster attempts at H-scenes.

also just found out its only a day old, decent :D

Are they going to charge money for this when it's released? Looks like they are. If so, all I have to say is god damn it I sure could've done the same for my game :lol:. I can finish these projects on passion alone but getting more looks certainly would help. These folks got funded so much money for a visual novel. I wonder if all projects get that many views or if it's because they've been around for a while already?

As for the project, some of those funded girls look cute, especially that $25,000 one B). Let's see what happens with it.

Are they going to charge money for this when it's released? Looks like they are. If so, all I have to say is god damn it I sure could've done the same for my game laugh.gif. I can finish these projects on passion alone but getting more looks certainly would help. These folks got funded so much money for a visual novel. I wonder if all projects get that many views or if it's because they've been around for a while already?

As for the project, some of those funded girls look cute, especially that $25,000 one cool.gif. Let's see what happens with it.

I think he pretty much got funding for a "game" based on the 15 years he's been doing the web comic, he could have made a sprite RPG, it would have gotten the same money, a VN bits more in context with what his web comic is about. I should really go back and read up to date, but he's quite slow at progressing a plot so in the 3 years I've missed, its probably only been 3 days in world.

I should also point out, this is gonna be less of a, choose your path VN and more, the first 3 volumes of his web comic probably done in Ren'Py retold.

Is it me or I think they overusing the mass to much by funded THAT much money for one visual novel..? Here is for a comparison:

A seemingly interesting and good looking game called Harvest (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1840293109/harvest-0?ref=category) only need $10,000 for its goal.

Seeing Megatokyo (I don't even know this title before this thread comes up) needs $20,000 .. Doesn't it seem overbudget? Please don't flame me if I am wrong ;;

Is it me or I think they overusing the mass to much by funded THAT much money for one visual novel..? Here is for a comparison:

A seemingly interesting and good looking game called Harvest (http://www.kickstart...-0?ref=category) only need $10,000 for its goal.

Seeing Megatokyo (I don't even know this title before this thread comes up) needs $20,000 .. Doesn't it seem overbudget? Please don't flame me if I am wrong ;;

I think you are kind of right, I believe its also because he will need to hire in people to develop the game, as much as he can do the artwork, I don't believe Fred has the skills to turn it into a VN. 20k would probably only really pay for a low level dev for a year.

I think you are kind of right, I believe its also because he will need to hire in people to develop the game, as much as he can do the artwork, I don't believe Fred has the skills to turn it into a VN. 20k would probably only really pay for a low level dev for a year.

True though, but I still do think that it is overbudget. Paying people for the dev: Means he needs at least an Illustrator, Writer, and Scripter. But as far as I see, it still doesn't come up with 20,000$ and somehow he didn't introduce the people who helped him making that VN, right?

True though, but I still do think that it is overbudget. Paying people for the dev: Means he needs at least an Illustrator, Writer, and Scripter. But as far as I see, it still doesn't come up with 20,000$ and somehow he didn't introduce the people who helped him making that VN, right?

I think the bigger issue is, this will probably hit 200k, suddenly it becomes completely unjustifiable smile.gif

I'd argue some of the 20k just goes to Fred to survive, he's got a heart problem and he's not been great on updating his webcomic lately, this VN actually uses touches up old comics, instead of completely new art :s

Also the 20k funds I believe a 7-8 man team, its not a big cut when you look at that.

If I had one complaint, you'll probably play Piro, which is basically Fred. Not sure I want to help Fred get all the hot girls :D