Make me play Muv Luv

Guimu

Simple: people read all of the comments about how Alternative is the best thing ever and pure perfection. They download the first game and instead of getting the epic story they expected they get... a typical school life harem.

I read all the hate about Extra so I knew what to expect. I personally dislike it because I'm not a slice-of-life person and I've seen enough anime to be bored to death by all the overused character "personalities".

That's a fair statement on your end, but I'm actually not surprised on the dislike but more on the hate factor. There are quite a few VN's out there who are on the same or even lower level of Muv Luv Extra and don't get that treatment. It's one thing not to like it, but it's entire thing when people simply hate it and label it as trash. But I guess your first two sentences cover the reason for disappointment that most of them have.

There are quite a few VN's out there who are on the same or even lower level of Muv Luv Extra and don't get that treatment.

We don't hate them because we don't read them.

I have zero interest in bland, generic school romcoms, and I absolutely detest hetare + modern tsundere pairings like E!Takeru + Sumika.

And regarding quality alone, while MLE isn't worst, its far from best in its genre as well. Even doujin games like Katawa are better, and more interesting.

We don't hate them because we don't read them.

I have zero interest in bland, generic school romcoms, and I absolutely detest hetare + modern tsundere pairings like E!Takeru + Sumika.

And regarding quality alone, while MLE isn't worst, its far from best in its genre as well. Even doujin games like Katawa are better, and more interesting.

Pretty much agree with this. Extra isn't even good comparing it to the standard harem-school life visual novel. I'm not even against standard-generic moege stuff, really. The common route can be at times amusing but almost every single side route is bad and doesn't even add anything to the main plot besides Sumika/Meiya. So.

Also:

*shurgs* People really set their standard way high up. I've seen a few people like it, myself included. It's not really good, but it's not THAT bad. People are being too subjective because there are almost no deaths. Of course if you're expecting Alternative you'll get disgusted. The show focuses less on Beta and more on political struggle with flawed and naive ideas. I just take show for what it is. I liked the characters, some more then the ones from Alternative. I think everyone should try it and see for themselves.

Actually, being MuvLuv is probably the only reason I can think of for people to like eclipse. And no, 'no deaths' has absolutely nothing to do with it. The protaginist is a shallow, terrible knockoff of an undeveloped Takeru for started. No direction. Absolute bottom barrel production values. I am quite confident in saying that I think Eclipse is probably one of the worst things I've ever seen.

btw, anyone here experienced a crash when playing muv-luv alternative?

i had played it until chapter 7 and it got crashed (when yuuko was with takeru in a car, going somewhere to erase takeru's existence),

do you know the solution for that error?

uum...seems like no one responds to my post :(

btw here is the picture of my game when it got crashed :

crash.jpg

anyway, could you give me a save game that is at least 2 or 3 dialogues after the crash event happening on the picture above?

please....i can't complete the story because i am unable to get through this dialogue :)

the crash happened on chapter 7 (CMIIW) when yuuko was with takeru in a car, going somewhere to erase takeru's existence, after visiting a hospital where sumika got hospitalized...

here is my save game, several dialogues before the error happened :

MLA error

Actually, being MuvLuv is probably the only reason I can think of for people to like eclipse. And no, 'no deaths' has absolutely nothing to do with it. The protaginist is a shallow, terrible knockoff of an undeveloped Takeru for started. No direction. Absolute bottom barrel production values. I am quite confident in saying that I think Eclipse is probably one of the worst things I've ever seen.

You think I like Total Eclipse only because it's MuvLuv then? That is some shallow thinking. And your statements of protagonist, Yuuya, is in no way objective ether. So please, it's ok if you don't like it but don't bring hateful statements with no words to back them up. Makes me question if we watched the same show... He starts off in no way bland but more of an arrogant type, but has pretty more character then Takeru when is introduced at first. And Yuuya pretty much grows throughout the show and acknowledges his mistakes, so I don't see how he is so terrible? And saying that he is a knockoff of Takeru is pretty silly itself. It's not like Takeru is the most original protagonist out there.

But I see that you're set on hating the series so there is no point in discussing anymore.

• 1 year later...