Does It Matter What Order I Play the Rance Games In?

Zenophilious

I was just wondering if I should play the games in order of release, or does it matter at all? Kinda wanted to find out, since there's 8 games out now, and I don't wanna play the second-to-last and not get anything in it...I assumed that it wouldn't, but I've heard really good things about Sengoku Rance and wanted to see if I could just go straight to it and understand everything.

Also: Sorry if this post is worded badly or hard to understand, I just got through finals and I'm a bit half-dead.

You can play Sengoku Rance without playing the previous rances, and yes Sengoku Rance is definitely one of the better JRPGS out there (if you can get past the rape).

The gameplay is actually really well done.

The only benefit of playing the previous Rance games is that when you call for reinforcements, you recognize the girls who come help you from the previous games.

I played all of the translated Rance games out there and, well... While you may get some good info on the story and characters if you read Rance 2 and 3 first, it's really not needed. I'd advise you to go straight to Rance 7 (Sengoku Rance) since the others aren't that good either.