Want to Stream on Fuwa's Twitch.tv?

Tay

Many of you aren't yet aware that Fuwanovel has its own Twitch.tv channel, but we do! If anybody is interested in joining me in providing content for the stream, please let me know below.

It would be awesome if we could have semi-regular content up for VN-lovers to enjoy!

I'm still setting the Fuwanovel channel up, but for those who are interested in some immediate gratification, I am about to begin streaming Katawa Shoujo on Twitch.tv! (As in, 5 minutes following this post being published).

Tay's Twitch Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/archmagetay

Tried to jump in, then I remembered connection issues makes it so that streams don't work right now. Another time when it'll be fixed I'll try again.

Also, Twitch made some hilarious attempts at translating my menus in French. Works pretty fine until verbs are to be conjugated, I guess.

Just make sure you have H-scenes off or risk being banned sad.gif

Yep, yep.

Well, I think I worked out the potential issues on my end. If anybody's interested in streaming VNs, just let me know. If you're able to do a regular stream (certain day of week/time), that would be awesome, and would allow us to put together a streaming schedule.

If you want to stream non-VNs, I'd imagine that's cool, too, and we'd love to know about it.

Oh, how fun~ Eh, why the heck not - I'm gonna start running the Narcissus and possibly one other moderate length VN, and would love to do it as part of this. Sign me up!

So is the idea that we run one VN for a set amount of time at a regular schedule?

And must we run all parts of the VN from start to finish? Some longer VNs might not be suitable for this if so....

Awesome!

Well, we can do this a few ways. If you guys have 1x/week that you wanted to stream for X amount of time, let me know! I'll put up a schedule on Fuwanovel's Twitch.tv page, referencing the different contributor's channels (or websites)!

Oh, how fun~ Eh, why the heck not - I'm gonna start running the Narcissus and possibly one other moderate length VN, and would love to do it as part of this. Sign me up!

So is the idea that we run one VN for a set amount of time at a regular schedule?

And must we run all parts of the VN from start to finish? Some longer VNs might not be suitable for this if so....

I'm going to stream on Saturdays (USA, MST), time TBD. I'll probably do the game in 1-hour increments, but you guys can stream at whatever pace you want. I have access to the Fuwa account, so if you wanted to link to/stream to that account, you can.

twitch.tv/fuwanovel (to be set up!)

You said that for like a 1000th time already

And Tay, were you not a part of zhurai's stream?

Not sure what you're referencing... so probably not!

You said that for like a 1000th time already

And Tay, were you not a part of zhurai's stream?

this is totally different than "my stream"'s stuff

this is about playing the games on the stream

different than the visual novel podcast

it has some overlap with another idea I'm going to implementing, but on a shorter scope.

Yes, so, to be clear: This topic is about setting up a streaming schedule on the Fuwanovel Twitch channel. The schedule will point out weekly streams that people can go and watch, OR I can give out permissions to stream directly on the Fuwanovel channel.

I don't get twitch at all. Many times I tried to join a stream but it never shows anything. I know you need to be at the right time but doesn't it record the stream for later viewing ?

One of the reasons I'd like to do it is to rise some awareness for some other games almost never talked about.

I don't get twitch at all. Many times I tried to join a stream but it never shows anything. I know you need to be at the right time but doesn't it record the stream for later viewing ?

if the channel has vods public (in the optionos) then no, you can watch them later

and if the stream isn't live obviously you aren't going to see anything.

this is totally different than "my stream"'s stuff

this is about playing the games on the stream

different than the visual novel podcast

it has some overlap with another idea I'm going to implementing, but on a shorter scope.

Well, a podcast is better than streaming a VN play. Just my 2c

Well, a podcast is better than streaming a VN play. Just my 2c

you're quite misunderstanding what my personal stream is about, and that they don't overlap with each other lol

plus this part's quite offtopic from what this topic is about (talking about fuwanovel's stream. not mine).

Do you save your streams? and if yes how can I watch them?

those would be saved at http://www.twitch.tv/fuwanovel/videos?kind=past_broadcasts

you're quite misunderstanding what my personal stream is about, and that they don't overlap with each other lol

plus this part's quite offtopic from what this topic is about (talking about fuwanovel's stream. not mine).

those would be saved at http://www.twitch.tv...past_broadcasts

What I mean is that I prefer the fuwa stream having podcast than ppl playing VNs.

Cool idea to think about. Thanks!

Well, actually it's because anyone can play the VN alone and sometimes having the control on the text is better. Having a discussion on something will provide something new to the viewers.

And Aaeru's voice for the HHHNNNGGG

Well, actually it's because anyone can play the VN alone and sometimes having the control on the text is better. Having a discussion on something will provide something new to the viewers.

Why not do both? Let people stream VNs on a regular basis, then run the podcast/livestream for discussion at regular times during a month or week of however long the time period would be between shows.

What I mean is that I prefer the fuwa stream having podcast than ppl playing VNs.

I'm not sure why you can't have both, only logistic issue would be if someone tried to play the VN's while the podcast is going on (never bothered trying that interaction), but I don't see what's the problem. (plus I'd assume the Fuwanovel Podcast would obviously be at the Fuwanovel Stream.)

that's like saying Let's Play's are stupid because they can play the game themselves, or "why do people watch people play StarCraft... when they can play it themselves!"

Why not do both? Let people stream VNs on a regular basis, then run the podcast/livestream for discussion at regular times during a month or week of however long the time period would be between shows.

yeah... uh...that's what we're doing?

This fuwanovel stream is *different* from the fuwanovel podcast and the other ("my") podcast

this topic is to get *other* people interested in streaming the VNs

______ Podcasts are for where we can talk about it

[also my stream is on all other days that I'm not doing the podcast. at least once I actually sort some other stuff in my life out first..]

plus they shouldn't interfere anyways

- Fuwanovel Stream can theoretically be any time and any day depending on who has access

- Visual Novel Podcast is currently set to once per month once I actually get to start it off (1 hour blocked off per month)

- Fuwanovel Podcast from the topic is set to twice per month (not sure about time length it is)

unless say someone only has 3 hours to stream per month or whatever then I don't see how this conflicts with anything nor would be a time issue (only problem actually would be people who say "YEAH I HAVE FREE TIME" but it could be possible that those people's free time isn't the same as other's, then the streaming is less effective - less viewers when live)

Note to Tay, give people the _stream key_, not the username/password to the twitch channel.