Windows Tablet fullscreen scaling

Minoru

Hey guys.

I started Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate a couple of days ago and wanted to try playing it on my 8'' Lenovo Yoga Tablet-2, which runs Win 8.1 on a resolution of 1920x1200 (that should be a 16:10 ratio, correct?)

Normally, I prefer playing in windowed mode, but on my 8'' tab the window is just slightly too small for me to read comfortably. The game doesn't allow the windows to be resized in windowed mode. When I toggle fullscreen in the configuration menu, the image stretches, which makes the characters look really ugly.

I'd like the image to be letterboxed (black borders left and right). The tablet has a built in Intel HD graphics card, which seemingly doesn't support scaling settings.

I'm aware of the Ctrl+Alt+F11 "hotkey" for Intel drivers. When pressing this combination the Intel Control Panel starts and should show you several scaling options. On my tab there is just one option which is "Fullscreen Scaling". That option is toggled and I can't turn it off. Opening the control panel manually in order to fiddle with the options manually doesn't provide more options either.

"Workaround": I reduced the resolution to 1440x900, which increases the size of the windowed game a bit, which helps but I'd rather play in fullscreen with black borders.

When reducing the resolution to any 4:3 ratio, everything gets stretched. No other resolution gives me any more scaling options in the control panel of Intel. I also tried updating the graphics driver using the built-in windows function, which didn't increase the amount of scaling options. I'm out of ideas and seemingly google is, too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you guys in advance. :sachi:

4 minutes ago, firecat said:

did you try to move/hide the taskbar?

right click taskbar -> autohide taskbar

No I haven't done that. I didn't consider the bar being an issue. Also, I got it set up vertical on the right side.

I just checked though, just in case. Moving the taskbar to the bottom as it is in default didn't change the stretching. Auto hiding it either on the right or bottom didn't do anything either.

1 minute ago, kooolm said:

How should it help to scale in fullscreen? Just curious.

I think fullscreen scale scales the image of the game to the ratio/resolution your machine has applied. Which my tablet does.

So to answer your question: it wouldn't help at all. In fact, it is the problem I'm trying to solve. I want to deactivate fullscreen scaling but I am not able to, since my tablet doesn't allow it.

6 minutes ago, BleedingSt4r said:

No I haven't done that. I didn't consider the bar being an issue. Also, I got it set up vertical on the right side.

I just checked though, just in case. Moving the taskbar to the bottom as it is in default didn't change the stretching. Auto hiding it either on the right or bottom didn't do anything either.

I think fullscreen scale scales the image of the game to the ratio/resolution your machine has applied. Which my tablet does.

So to answer your question: it wouldn't help at all. In fact, it is the problem I'm trying to solve. I want to deactivate fullscreen scaling but I am not able to, since my tablet doesn't allow it.

I forgot to quote firecat, still not used to the new forum engine.

12 minutes ago, kooolm said:

I forgot to quote firecat, still not used to the new forum engine.

I see. I was wondering, too. Tried it anyway, just in case. I'm not exactly a tech pro. :sachi:

5 minutes ago, Kiriririri said:

You could try this:

Go to Koichoco.exe properties. On the Compatibility tab, select Disable Display Scaling On High DPI Settings, and then click OK.

Just a guess.

Thank you for your input. Unfortunately it didn't change anything.

3 hours ago, firecat said:

in touhou games the screens are way bigger or smaller, hiding the taskbar fix the problem but i guess this one didnt work.

Thank you for trying though. :sachi: Hopefully I can get this issue resolved anytime soon.

At least it is playable with a reduced resolution, although this is far from perfect.