(Klaipedia server) Tree of Savior (Korean MMORPG) 2nd Beta

Jun Inoue

This reminds me of Ragnarok Online! I was a level 150 Warlock when I quit it.... and that was like 3-4 years ago. 

A part of RO team is in the ToS project, and it's pretty much considered RO's spiritual successor. I'm certainly hoping for it to be that good.

Awesome. I should probably jump in here too. RO did MMORPG grind right and never seen any game like it where grinding is actually fun. 

This reminds me of Ragnarok Online! I was a level 150 Warlock when I quit it.... and that was like 3-4 years ago. 

A part of RO team is in the ToS project, and it's pretty much considered RO's spiritual successor. I'm certainly hoping for it to be that good.

Awesome. I should probably jump in here too. RO did MMORPG grind right and never seen any game like it where grinding is actually fun. 

Did you ever register on the website? Because everyone who has will recieve a Beta key, since there's no limit to participants this time.

Did you ever register on the website? Because everyone who has will recieve a Beta key, since there's no limit to participants this time.

Not yet, I just saw this thread a few hours ago. I'll do it when I get home.

It seems like the 3 servers are located in the US.

+200 ping FTW ...

wU2kVGg.gif

Seriously? All 3? Oh god... Goodbye comfortable playing. Even on my best days, LoL NA servers give me a 200-300 ping. Save me Hakuoro QQ

Btw, which server are you people gonna join? I'm still checking with all my friends who are gonna play X)

It seems like the 3 servers are located in the US.

+200 ping FTW ...

wU2kVGg.gif

Seriously? All 3? Oh god... Goodbye comfortable playing. Even on my best days, LoL NA servers give me a 200-300 ping. Save me Hakuoro QQ

Btw, which server are you people gonna join? I'm still checking with all my friends who are gonna play X)

Some people says that there's one located in France, https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/cbt-2-with-3-difference-servers-laima-zemyna-gabija/72022, but i'm pessimistic, i don't want to be deceived ><

Tree of Savior looks interesting. Do we know anything about the end game or PVP? Will it be more of a community and economy based MMO or an end game oriented one? With GW2 Expansion, Legion, Blade and Soul, Destiny, what sets his apart? Aside from the art style/camera orientation.

Not everything has been confirmed, but for now we know that the 2nd Beta should already have 5v5 PvP, and we know for sure it'll have grand Guild vs Guild (maybe in taking/dfeending the guild's castle). There'll also be periodic tournaments. It'll be both, mostly because there are whole classes and playstyles orientated to items/money grinding, and the other because the max level is super high, as you can kinda guess from the World Map I've posted just a moment ago.

First of all, insane customization and specialization. There are already 80 different classes confirmed, with secret ones also existing. You choose what skills to level, too, so even people with the same class tiers won't be the same (I say tiers cuz classes aren't a one-time thing. Every 15 class levels, you choose a new one to advance your tier -or stay the same class-, with every tier being increasingly more difficult to level).

Appart from this, the gameplay. For once, it's great with a controller, a nice surprise. And in a more in-game note, you move and attack as you please, it's not point-and-click. You can aim, dodge, block... Bosses also work like this, making them more engaging than just "normal monsters but with higher stats".

Honestly, it feels like it has the potential to be a grand MMORPG that won't get tired after just a few months/a year.

Tree of Savior looks interesting. Do we know anything about the end game or PVP? Will it be more of a community and economy based MMO or an end game oriented one? With GW2 Expansion, Legion, Blade and Soul, Destiny, what sets his apart? Aside from the art style/camera orientation.

I'll get sucked in and addicted to this if there's something like War of the Emperium in Ragnarok Online. That was a really fun mode to play with several guilds of 50+ members or so attacking each other. :D

I hope they dont turn the game too much pay2win though. It's what destroys most MMORPGs these days....

Edited by CeruleanGamer

I'll get sucked in and addicted to this if there's something like War of the Emperium in Ragnarok Online. That was a really fun mode to play with several guilds of 50+ members or so attacking each other. :D

I hope they dont turn the game too much pay2win though. It's what destroys most MMORPGs these days....

I'd cry terrible tears if they did that after so much expectation.

Yeah RO kinda did that when they stopped being a subscription service. All these "box" events and luck based crap. It kinda ruined the game for me after a while when it was getting costly to keep up since most of the good stuff are pay2win..... :saber:

Yeah RO kinda did that when they stopped being a subscription service. All these "box" events and luck based crap. It kinda ruined the game for me after a while when it was getting costly to keep up since most of the good stuff are pay2win..... :saber:

I'm pretty much hoping for the modern approach of in-game shop with costumes, random consumables, and so on.

Path of Exile did it right and is the only MMORPG I would actually put some money on. No pay2win crap although some people are resorting to Real Money Trading (RMT) through outside means. The staff bans people for that though, so they keep it somewhat in control.

Path of Exile did it right and is the only MMORPG I would actually put some money on. No pay2win crap although some people are resorting to Real Money Trading (RMT) through outside means. The staff bans people for that though, so they keep it somewhat in control.

A game that did it mostly great was Tales of Pirates. Almost everything in the shop was for customization and costumes. Apparels for weapons, armor, etc... so you could be a swordsman with a couple of fabulous frying pans and the clothes of Monkey D Luffy.