Ever17 -the out of infinity- Problem (SOLVED)

FOX

Are you running your computer with Non-Unicode Japanese? (link to instructions): No, I do not run my PC with Non-Unicode Japanese (Ever17 doesn't need such effort, as it's written on its Fuwa page)

Game: Ever17 -the out of infinity-

Description of Problem: After a few minutes of gameplay, text which should be written in normal English characters turns into strange, a bit transparent, dots. That's pretty annoying to restart a novel 3 minutes after opening.

Your Operating System: Windows XP (32 bit)

What did you already try? (Uninstall/Reinstall, Redownload, Run as admin, etc): I have tried running Ever17 with Admin rights but that didn't solve the problem. I'm going to redownload the game (and change system locale to Japanese before) and I'll tell you, if it solves it.

Did you download your game from Fuwanovel?: Of course.

That's how the dots look:

zwo4n.png

Did anyone has a similar problem. If yes, how did you solve it. Thanks for any reply.

It's probably locale. After you change it to japanese tell how it looks ^^

No. The English version of Ever17 can run fine in either English or Japanese.

If it was Japanese locale only, then the game wouldn't even run, you would get error messages when you attempt to start it.

FOX, as for your issue, I really don't know. Sorry.

I have just changed locale to Japanese and... surprise. Dots changed into small characters...

34g4s3m.png

@Kendijin,

I think that Windows has that font default, but I'll try to do so.

Well... I'm not sure if the problem's solved (I'll make sure tomorrow, today it's pretty late), but I think that the problem might be that files in Ever17 are 'read-only' default. I unmarked all files to be non read-only and I haven't seen any dots/small characters for a few mins.

Well... I'm not sure if the problem's solved (I'll make sure tomorrow, today it's pretty late), but I think that the problem might be that files in Ever17 are 'read-only' default. I unmarked all files to be non read-only and I haven't seen any dots/small characters for a few mins.

Now you mention it, I'm sure I read something like this before, unsure if it was Ever 17, but someone did say making it non read only fixed an issue.

Was it all the files or only some? Will update the troubleshooting page once we know for sure :D

Look forward to your input once you get time to test it.

Okay. I've played around ~30 minutes and games didn't crash, so it's the 'read-only' access right problem. My fault that I didn't check the Ever17's troubleshooting page carefully (there's a point about unchecking 'read only' checkbox in all game's files)...

Sorry for trouble and thank you, Nakanishi Kaguya, Kandiji, Tief Blau, for help :).