Let's try this again: Hi from Darbury

Darbury

So yeah ... that happened.

My intro post kinda got nuked in the roll-back. But thanks to the magic of copy/paste (and a browser tab I'd luckily forgotten to close), here it is again. :)

Hi everyone! Long-time listener, first-time caller… or something like that.

While I’ve enjoyed games with VN-ish elements for a while (Phoenix Wright, Danganronpa, 999/VLR), it’s only been in the past year or two that I’ve jumped into the world of “pure” VNs with both feet. My tastes are all over the map, but it tends to boil down to one thing for me: story. In the VNs I enjoy most, the art/music/gameplay all work in service of the story — not the other way around.

And yeah, I’ll admit it. The rough nature of some translations was a huge hurdle for me at first. (I work as a writer/designer, so I get a little OCD about that stuff sometimes.) So in the nature of “put up or shut up,” I’m doing my best to help in my own small way. I’ve spent the past few months editing Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort, and I just recently volunteered to handle image editing duties on Ken ga Kimi.

Long story short: happy to be here, thanks for being an awesome community!

If you have the time and haven't played them yet, try out G-senjou no Maou and Rewrite. I have a hunch you'll enjoy them.

Then welcome to you as well!

And thanks for the recommendations. Those two are definitely on my list, just as soon as I start getting some breathing room again. (Full-time job + toddler = surprisingly little free time for reading)

You may want to go back and edit those VNDB rankings after getting some experience. Just saying. Ever17 is great, but the rest of its series are just generally better.

Have you Saya no Uta yet? It's a philosophical gore VN that has had much discussion in the past. Try it. Also, not to startle you, the VN is literally all gore. All the backgrounds have a gore version of them.

Just curious, which particular games in the series do you feel are better? Ever17 is one of the highest rated VNs of all time, which is pretty remarkable considering it's also the oldest game rated in the top 15 on VNDB.

I enjoyed Remember11 and 12Riven, but for me, Never7 was the greatest bit of the Infinity series. I'm leaving Infinity and Cure out because they could never in a million years beat Ever17, and I don't know much about Code_18 anyways.