Name Discussions

Snowtsuku

My names usually revolves around snails, mostly due to the fact that I lack creativity, and because I once felt like being named something random on steam.

It was only later that I realized that "Katatsumuri" is both "snail" in japanese, and part of it is also a pun with my real name.

I'm not sharing real-life nicknames though

Hobozen, Hobozenful, Bill Murray ▲, Farfetch'd, An Angry Metapod, MementoMori - just to name a few. I've used a lot over the years.

As for real life nicknames, my name is short enough that it usually doesn't lend itself to needing a nickname. One girl insisted on an embarrassing one (candy cane) for one semester, but that was done to be flagrant.  I've had pet names from girlfriends before, but those weren't anything unique.

I use Okami these days on most sites and other ones I use are Kurookami, KurOkami, Wukp and Vukp.

Where I get them:

Okami - Japanese translation of my real life name Vuk (Wolf)

Kurookami - When Okami is already in use I add Kuro (Japanese word for black) behind it because I where black close 90% of the time.

KurOkami - when both Okami and Kurookami are in use I just take one o out and make other o into O, and I like how if you read o twice it means black wolf but if you read it once it means black god. 

Vukp - My real life name Vuk + first letter of my family name p. Vuk means wolf in my native language and my parents give me that name because of some legend from  7-9 century. Basically  the tribe that come into the territory of our country and made our country in 9 century before it made it was known as tribe of wolf and it was believed that giving your male child name of a wolf will protect it from evil. My parents had a child before me that died as a baby and so they give me that name "to protect me".

Wukp - same thing just change V into W.

All of them are pronounced same as they are written just in Vukp and Wukp you add "space" between a p and k so it is like Vuk p.

Flutterz is the only one I've been using much as of late. The story of how I came up with it is that I was on an MLP IRC with Fluttershy as my nickname, but whenever someone mentioned her it would ping me, so I changed it to Flutters but because of the way the browser client work, it still continued to ping me, so I just changed it to Flutterz.

I don't really have any irl nicknames because my name is short and doesn't lend itself well to nicknames.