Muv-Luv Constant Crashing

Are you running your computer with Non-Unicode Japanese? (link to instructions): Yes

Game: Muv-Luv

Description of Problem: At the costumed hero (I guess that's what it's called) scene at the amusement park (when you choose Sumika as the winner of cooking competition), the game keeps crashing at the exact same point.

Your Operating System: Windows 8

64 or 32 bit (link to how to find): 64 Bit

What did you already try? (Uninstall/Reinstall, Redownload, Run as admin, etc): I have reinstalled it twice, after second crash and after I redownloaded it once, it still occurs. Ran as admin on all tests, still crashed. Tried Windows XP compatibility mode, still crashed.

Did you download your game from Fuwanovel?: Yes

Muv-Luv is known to have problems on Windows 8. Try running the game in XP compatibility mode.

If that doesn't work I suggest you get a virtual machine with Windows XP and play it on that. (Windows 7 may or may not work)

Muv-Luv is known to have problems on Windows 8. Try running the game in XP compatibility mode.

If that doesn't work I suggest you get a virtual machine with Windows XP and play it on that. (Windows 7 may or may not work)

I just tried it with Windows XP compatibility mode, unfortunately it didn't work.

• 1 year later...