Ever17 - Won't start up after installation

PeteN00b

Have you made sure that the files aren't set to read only? Or it could be that your antivirus removed a couple of the files?

They aren't set to read only; this is my current problem when running the 8.1 fix:

qZvbCpj.png

It says this file is missing.. :<

Slightly off topic oh wow the image I made showing to use the 8.1 exe instead of the regular exe was actually used in the Ever 17 FAQS thread. How flattering :D

~~
Anyways, Pete, there seems to be something up with your pathing cuz chara.dat and any other files should be inside your Ever17 install folder...yet your exe is trying to find the files on your desktop instead of the Ever17 folder

Can you upload an image of the stuff in your Ever17 folder? it should look similar to the one over in the FAQs thread:
atJqWkT.png

Slightly off topic oh wow the image I made showing to use the 8.1 exe instead of the regular exe was actually used in the Ever 17 FAQS thread. How flattering :D

~~

Anyways, Pete, there seems to be something up with your pathing cuz chara.dat and any other files should be inside your Ever17 install folder...yet your exe is trying to find the files on your desktop instead of the Ever17 folder

Can you upload an image of the stuff in your Ever17 folder? it should look similar to the one over in the FAQs thread:

atJqWkT.png

vVeAmeT.png

Well.. is it actually missing?

It might also be corrupted.

I've tried doing the same thing with at least 3 downloads.. all the same result, file is 'missing' when it's actually there..

Move the ever17PC_Win8.1.exe to that folder in your screenshot and try running it.

You currently have it sitting on your desktop instead of the game folder so that's why it's having trouble finding the files  :sachi:

Arranged it thanks xox