Ouran Host Club DS

Just now noticed a recent fan translation project for the DS version of the Ouran High School Host Club official licensed game. The project wiki is not all that active at this time. However, a person known as 5hours posted the following on the Gbatemp.net forum: "I now turn to you, to hopefully find those few, dedicated (otome?) fans & translators who are interested in keeping this project alive, and joining the open translation. Also, spread the word~! It's time for the project to come out of the shadows!"

If you have time and interest in this project, then I recommend politely posting on Gbatemp, and stating clearly what you can offer.

I remember seeing the Ouran Host Club licensed game mentioned in one of the last few small issues of Animerica magazine, a publication which died quietly around 2007. I did not expect it would ever be licensed, but since the DS/PS2 software lineup in English included a bunch of unprecedented releases and hidden gems, I tried to be optimistic.

Anyway, I would be somewhat interested in a fan translation. I don't expect awesome storytelling or excellent design -- it's just a licensed game after all -- but I hope it will be entertaining.