Long VS Short

Okami

49 members have voted

1. 1. Witch is a better?

• Longer
    • Shorter

This poll is closed to new votes

Length importance cannot be determined until you get to know the scale and what the story wants to represent. There is no correct "length" in a VN, only good/bad pacing and flow in said length that determines whether or not the length justifies the quality.

What this dude said.

But if the VN pacing is too slow. I might stop reading it for a while and continue it later because I can get bored of it. I do prefer visual novel with good/decent progress pace rather than slow progress pace. 

I like long novels. Shorts novels are too short for me, I read them if it's a popular and 'MUST READ' or if I suddenly want something to read. For me best short novels were Higanbana (the First Night), Kikokugai, Phenomeno and Narcissu. They just have a great stories without any unimportant long ditailes.

By the way, about long novels. I like them, but if they have the plot without loooooong slices scences (hello, Grisaia!) and prolixity (hello again!). Comedy and great jokes about makina are cool, until they aren't last 50 hours.