Koihime Musou fullscreen issue

Schnarf

Is there a resolution option (doubt it honestly).

I believe that if there isn't a resolution option, you may be able to change it's resolution somewhere else in your computer, say, AMD's control center thing.

That's just a guess though.

Unfortunately VN's are mostly still stuck in the 720p and 480p age with some, such as Steins;gate, doing something even more different. 

It might also be your monitor. What size is it? Ratio? Also, is your monitor considered "smart" (self-adjusts and such)?

Does it only happen with this game? What is your graphic card?

no, i had the same problem with clannad and shuffle. my graphics card is intel hd graphics

Is there a resolution option (doubt it honestly).

I believe that if there isn't a resolution option, you may be able to change it's resolution somewhere else in your computer, say, AMD's control center thing.

That's just a guess though.

Unfortunately VN's are mostly still stuck in the 720p and 480p age with some, such as Steins;gate, doing something even more different. 

It might also be your monitor. What size is it? Ratio? Also, is your monitor considered "smart" (self-adjusts and such)?

no, there isn't. 

i don't think i have that installed. what is it, exactly?

my monitor is 1600x900. yes, my monitor self adjusts for certain games 

I'm not really sure since I'm on phone right now. Try to change your resolution to anything 4:3 (800x600, etc), if you don't know how to do it, right-click your desktop and choose 'Screen Resolution' and change it there. Then right-click your Intel Graphic Card Control Panel (or something of the like) on your bottom-right part of the screen, there should be an option called 'Scaling' then there should be an option to 'Keep aspect ratio'. Now change your resolution to how it is before.

I am sorry if it's not clear, I will post some screenshot if it is not clear enough once I get home.

I'm not really sure since I'm on phone right now. Try to change your resolution to anything 4:3 (800x600, etc), if you don't know how to do it, right-click your desktop and choose 'Screen Resolution' and change it there. Then right-click your Intel Graphic Card Control Panel (or something of the like) on your bottom-right part of the screen, there should be an option called 'Scaling' then there should be an option to 'Keep aspect ratio'. Now change your resolution to how it is before.

I am sorry if it's not clear, I will post some screenshot if it is not clear enough once I get home.

i think i may have got it, but i'll wait for the screenshots just in case. thanks a lot

Right, I just got home and just as I promised, here is a screenshot of it:

E79pCAC.jpg

First, change your resolution just as I instructed (in this case, I use 1024x768). Then, right-click the 'Intel HD Graphic' icon on your bottom-right part of the screen. Click the highlighted part (it should say Graphic Properties if your system locale is in English), then the 'Intel Graphic Properties' window should appear. Now, change the scaling option to 'Maintain Aspect Ratio' (your current setting should be 'Scale Full Screen').

Right, I just got home and just as I promised, here is a screenshot of it:

E79pCAC.jpg

First, change your resolution just as I instructed (in this case, I use 1024x768). Then, right-click the 'Intel HD Graphic' icon on your bottom-right part of the screen. Click the highlighted part (it should say Graphic Properties if your system locale is in English), then the 'Intel Graphic Properties' window should appear. Now, change the scaling option to 'Maintain Aspect Ratio' (your current setting should be 'Scale Full Screen').

thanks for the reply. unfortunately, i do not have such an optionjrwho7.png

Back when I was playing this, I eventually found the spot to fix it in my video card settings... but until then, the lazy quick fix is to just turn your monitor diagonally so from your perspective it squishes the screen back to a correct resolution ;)

Maybe try messing with your option in the screenshot for scaling, that is currently set to "Center Image"?

Back when I was playing this, I eventually found the spot to fix it in my video card settings... but until then, the lazy quick fix is to just turn your monitor diagonally so from your perspective it squishes the screen back to a correct resolution ;)

Maybe try messing with your option in the screenshot for scaling, that is currently set to "Center Image"?

That's weird... 'Maintain Display Scaling' and 'Maintain Apect Ratio' should pretty much means the same thing. I'm assuming that when you set your resolution to 1024x768, your screen is still stretched instead of having the black borders on the side of your screen?

Can you take a screenshot of the advanced setting?

That's weird... 'Maintain Display Scaling' and 'Maintain Apect Ratio' should pretty much means the same thing. I'm assuming that when you set your resolution to 1024x768, your screen is still stretched instead of having the black borders on the side of your screen?

Can you take a screenshot of the advanced setting?

correct

2n0972c.png

Oh shi-- I am too caught up playing SIF that I completely forgot about this.  :ph34r:

Now, let's try another option that does the same thing. First thing first, set your resolution to 1024x768. Now, right-click on desktop > Screen Resolution, and click advanced settings. This window then should pops up:

M6S8SvF.jpg

Change the scaling option to 'Maintain Aspect Ratio.'

I'm not sure if it is the same for windows 8 though, since I don't have windows 8 and I don't have any intention to update to it yet.

Btw, I've noticed that when my screen aspect ratio is 16:9, I have the same option as you (I only have 'Maintain Display Scaling' though). Are you really sure that you have changed your resolution to 1024x768? Since from your screenshot, your screen doesn't look like it is stretched in my opinion.

Sorry, I really have no idea what's wrong. If you set your screen aspect ratio to 4:3, that option should appear. Are you 100% sure you have applied your screen to 1024x768? Maybe try to change it to 800x600 this time and try it again?

yeah, i'm sure i did. and i don't have a 800x600 option, unfortunately. thanks a lot for at least trying to help, i really do appreciate it  :)