Bonnouji [Manga]

Tatsujin

35 chapters of pure liquid awesomeness. Didn't get bored. Went to sleep having a good night and woke up looking forward to read more of it at work - but only read like two chapters at work! No worries, finished it all up moments ago.

Description: Fate brings two people who live in the same condo together on a typical afternoon. Ozawa (26) has just broken up with her boyfriend of five years and was in the process of trying to rebuild her life when she meets Oyamada who lives a couple floors below her. He is somewhat of a loner although he does have a few friends and his room is cluttered with all the random stuff that his impulse shopper brother sends him. Ozawa takes an interest with all the things in his room and the two start a friendship that slowly turns into something more.

Baka-Updates

Ah man, drama wasn't even present at all. I like the main character's easy going atmosphere. His room was so interesting, and weird! I thought he was an otaku, but he's way beyond that. An otaku-computer-collector-of-many-odd-things-in-life? ... It's all thanks to his brother, anyways. Really sucks that it was only 35 chapters ... few omakes and an extra chapter. I really wanted more.

It's hard to describe. The story feels like air, light ... and everything is set in the right mood. Definitely one of my favorite relaxing mangas.

i loved this series it was pure win, the quirky characters, the use of the apartment decoration to change the scenery with out ever leaving the same room for more then a few scenes. the dynamics between the 3 main characters four if you count her friend from work who showed occasionally was amazing. and that they brought the series to a natural and satisfying end with out it feeling forced was delightful. i cant recommend this manga enough.

Yeah yeah!! Ah it's so nice having people read the same thing as I did! I looked up the author and read his Unchanging Days, it was very short but the ending had me laughing hard. Really good twist. Now I'm on his Ito-san which has 9 chapters. So short! I just started on the first chapter.

But yeahh! Bonnouji is really cool. But like, there are so many parts that I liked. Even the silly little things the girl did - like texting all about her day or before they started going out, she was going crazy to just be in that room! I really liked how she was looking around and then she dashed like hell to get there and then when she got there she's all messed up "I'M HOME!" hahaha. The room definitely stayed there, and everything around it changed. Man I really liked the chaotic parts though, the coffin part and how they slept next to each other hahahaha that was just so stupid funny and weird!

Is there more stuff like this? I really like stuff like this. It's refreshing and different. I like characters that graduated from high school. It just makes stuff a bit more interesting.

It's hard to describe. The story feels like air, light ... and everything is set in the right mood. Definitely one of my favorite relaxing mangas.

Healing manga. I think the Japanese term is... Iyashikei? Definitely my favourite genre.

As for more series like it, Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou and Aria are my favourites but they don't contain romance.