Pyrite Heart

InvertMouse

RZxkuHG.png

This game came out on Steam recently, and it turned out to be my first otoge. H-hello! My name is Marcus and I am a young maiden living in Australia. Please be nice to me (>///<)...

Ehem, anyway, though I have never read other titles, I imagine Pyrite Heart would very much follow the standards. A romance story featuring a snobbish princess.

I have read that the game used to be free. It is not on Steam, though. I am guessing they decided to charge for it once it got published. Looks like the free download link is no longer on the company's site, either.

After clearing the game, I checked out some reviews of it. How strange, because I saw people posting CGs of the game that I never saw while playing. However, I have gone through the exact same scene, but that CG just never appeared for me. I am trying to keep this spoiler free, but if anyone knows why, I would be interested in knowing.

Also, according to this:

http://indiestatik.com/2014/02/09/visually-appealing-pyrite-heart/

The game has voice acting. Mine did not, though. Maybe it is switched off by default? I never took the time to check before uninstalling the game.

As a last note, the game lasted around two hours for my playthrough. Personally, I wished there were more VNs that were of this length. I am completely okay with paying five bucks for a short but succinct experience. That is what fits my life schedule best. Unfortunately, I can observe that nobody else is really in the same boat as I. Truth be told, I actually feel a tad left out! It is like the VN genre is not welcoming me XD. Just a minor rant :P.

Feel free to share your thoughts on Pyrite Heart here :).