Ai Yori Aoshi small text

-SkyLancer-

Hi! I'm not sure if this is the right section. This would be my second visual novel that is Ai Yori Aoshi, but I encountered a problem. When I was playing, first part it was fine. But when I was playing, the text suddenly became smaller which is very difficult to read/understand. I downloaded it in this website. Anyway, how do I fix this?

Here's the link anyway: https://fuwanovel.net/novels/ai-yori-aoshi

Screenshot:

4v67Sz.png

having not played the vn myself i cant say for sure, but quite a lot of these kind of problems are caused by missing font's.

Another option is to see if there is a option in the options menu that let's you change the text size. Anyway hope this helps somwhat.

never seen a complaint obout a super small font like that before, i have seen a lot of them about overlapping texts but this one is new to me.

And on a side note.

Choosing ai yori aoshi as your second vn is a interesting choise though, so i am kind of curious why you choose this one over let's say fate/stay night of tsukihime.

having not played the vn myself i cant say for sure, but quite a lot of these kind of problems are caused by missing font's.

Another option is to see if there is a option in the options menu that let's you change the text size. Anyway hope this helps somwhat.

never seen a complaint obout a super small font like that before, i have seen a lot of them about overlapping texts but this one is new to me.

And on a side note.

Choosing ai yori aoshi as your second vn is a interesting choise though, so i am kind of curious why you choose this one over let's say fate/stay night of tsukihime.

. Well, I checked the settings and there is no option on changing or resizing the text :/ and well I chose this as my second because it seems quite funny from screenshots of the gameplay I saw. Honestly I wanted Fate/Hollow Atraxia, but its rated as 18+ and I'm actually fine with that but the problem is the computer is in the living room and of course, I can't play those with getting noticed by my family.

Check if you have MSGothic/MSMincho fonts, if not - install them. Or better - install East Asian languages support on your XP, if you haven't did this already.
But that's mostly the same as havoc already suggested. There isn't anything else you can do except maybe re-installing it.

. Well, I checked the settings and there is no option on changing or resizing the text :/ and well I chose this as my second because it seems quite funny from screenshots of the gameplay I saw. Honestly I wanted Fate/Hollow Atraxia, but its rated as 18+ and I'm actually fine with that but the problem is the computer is in the living room and of course, I can't play those with getting noticed by my family.

you should play fate/stay night realta nua version in that case as that one is all ages. (altough there is the option of turning the h-scenes back on)

Fate hollow atraxia is the sequel to fate stay night and should not be read until you have read the vn.

And don't think the current fate/stay night anime (2006) is any good compared to the vn. (it is terrible compared to it).

as for the answer to your question like most people already said, first check if you have a missing font.

And if that does not work make a backup of your saved game and delete the game before redownloading.

Also some more info would be welcome.

When did it start?

Did it start after you changed some settings or something of your pc?

Did the small text issue start after you booted up the game again, or did it suddenly start while you where playing? (did one line appear normal and the next in a small font?)

BTW, -SkyLancer-, you say text was OK before. Right now if you start this VN from the beginning, do you also see this small text? If so, try to delete your savedata (make a backup 1st) and see if anything changed.
Other people seem to be having similar issues, so this might be original bug (which is strange how such issue could slip into commercial localization) or fuwa release is crap (in which case I won't be surprised).

Edit: Just installed from the original iso images. Well, it doesn't installs any custom fonts, the font it uses is whatever something built-in or something like Courier New. But in any case I couldn't break the text regardless of what I did...
A wild guess, but in case you use applocale, you should stop doing so.

Edited by メルP

Well, the torrent for the game doesn't require installation. So I can't reinstall. It started suddenly I was playing. Sorry it's pretty difficult as I'm typing on my phone.

EDIT: How do I stop using Applocale? And what does CG mean?

EDIT 2: Damn, it's getting worse. After becoming small and proceed, the text goes missing. Proceed more, and it'll crash..

Well, the torrent for the game doesn't require installation. So I can't reinstall. It started suddenly I was playing. Sorry it's pretty difficult as I'm typing on my phone.

EDIT: How do I stop using Applocale? And what does CG mean?

EDIT 2: Damn, it's getting worse. After becoming small and proceed, the text goes missing. Proceed more, and it'll crash..

Applocale is an old and evil separate software. If you're not sure whether you use it or not, then you don't use it.

That said, I don't know what else we can do... if you have no other options, you can post your savedata made in a place where this issue occurs, then I'll see if I have it too in that place.

there is one more thing you can try to do, try to use system restore to set your computer back to a date before it happend and see if that fixes it.

It quite often fixes wierd issues, another thing to take note of is where you installed it in.

Don't ever install anything in program filles or in a windows folder make your own folder where you install stuff like games and such.

Also don't use applocale in most cases it does not work and you should not need for this game as it is officially licensed.